Baby Corner

Old 12-22-05, 07:41 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Diane, I'm very sorry to hear about your sister - how frightening - and am wishing her a speedy recovery.

Missy, your post cracked me up too (sorry)! You MUST be huge!!! Glad your furniture gets delivered today, how exciting!

Leslie I'm glad you get to have your toasts for Christmas and New Year's. I like your crab legs tradition. There is a lobster fisherman who lives across the street from us - every couple of weeks he brings us an entire drywall bucket of crab's claws. He just stopped by the day before yesterday, and we now have a fridge full of cooked claws that need to be picked! Hope to get to some of that today....

Julie

Old 12-22-05, 09:20 AM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Missy & Leslie-
You gals are cracking me up! I do have the long nails and toenails, that is why I have started to go to a nail place to get my nails done. My dh asked why I needed to go there to get my nails done, I said well are you going to cut them for me?? he said e

said see! I do go for weeks without shaving my legs too, but dh doesn't seem to mind...because we have an 80 lb dog that sleeps between us...hehehe, he can't get close enough to them. Congrats on losing the weight Leslie...not bad being stuck in the bed, must be the better food you are getting, is it getting harder to eat though? not enough room, I hear that happens. Good luck w/ your showers, can't wait to hear about all the exciting stuff you get. Take care.
Allison

Old 12-22-05, 12:17 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Allison, I have not encountered the "not enough room to eat" problem yet. In fact it seems like I can never get enough. I'm like a rooting pig! Starving all the time. Don't let em fool ya. Good trick with the dog. I'll give it a try when I get home.

Leslie

Old 12-22-05, 01:29 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I'vr reached the point of "no room for food". I want to eat and I get all this yummy stuff, but after a few bites, I'm too full to eat it. My shower is supposed to be a surprise but my sister asked me the other day for addresses of ladies I work with (wonder what that's for). My mom is going to Florida for 3 weeks starting the 3rd week in January so I know it has to be before that. With x-mas and new years, I figure that leaves the 2nd weekend in January (I should have been a detective). Leslie, how do you get your legs waxed? Does someone come to the hospital to do it for you? I for one don't care anymore that I can't reach my legs to shave them.....it's not like I'm having sex anymore anyway

I don't even remember how it's been sooooo long. Leslie, your dh has got to be climbing the walls by now......look out when you get home .

Old 12-22-05, 01:50 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Are any of you ladies using a doula? My DH is SURE he can't handle being in the delivery room with me (he pictures himself pacing in the waiting room with cigars in hand) and my Mom and one sister didn't seem to enjoy being in the room with other sis....both made some comments before knowing I was knocked up...so I'm thinking I'd better hire a doula. Any thoughts?
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools