Baby Corner

Old 12-22-05, 01:59 PM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hey Bonnie-
No I am not using a Doula...my dh will be there. He already has 2 so this should be routine for him...hehehe. I think he will do a great job...besides they don't need to look down there unless they want too. I videotaped my friends birth of her baby and let me tell you I almost fainted! I finished taping and all but I had to sit down after it was done, but I think if he just holds your hand and comforts you, he will do fine. But I am sure the hospital can help you with all that. Good luck. Leslie and Missy you girls are trips...ever thought of writing a book about the pregnancy?? Have either of you read Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy! It is a great book about going thru pregnancy and what your body does and all it is quite funny, you all would enjoy it.

The dog thing works out good not only for the hairly legs but the no sex thing, because she is usually in bed before we are.

Last edited by JagsAli; 12-22-05 at 02:13 PM.

Old 12-22-05, 02:29 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Bonnie, I'm not having a doula. Dh is going to stand up by my head and pat my hair. He didn't want to have anything to do with the whole thing but after childbirth classes I think he's more open. He might even look. I don't want him to though. He goes on all my appts. with me and has been a great arm rubber, hand holder. I can't imagine going through all that pain without him to witness! The doula in the videos we watched looked dumb.

L Oh, PS My Dr. said we'll do just fine if dh passes out, that we don't need him. I am going to order a massage if my labor is long though.

Old 12-22-05, 05:50 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

No doula for me either because I'm having a c-section. Dh and my sister are coming into the O.R. with me (they are both really excited about it). Last night I had a sleepless night (tossed and turned), I just couldn't get comfortable. Dh says this morning "want to get up and make me breakfast before work?" MEN!!!! Leslie, in some ways, you are lucky you are in the hospital getting waited on

. My baby furniture came today....now I'm getting really excited. Mom came over to see it and helped me get the cribs made. I can't wait to see my little munchkins in them

Old 12-22-05, 06:20 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Oh Missy! I'm so excited that you get to make up the cribs!!!! What fun! My friend has twins and she says she wakes up every morning to them having a conversation in "a foriegn language" and loads of high pitched laughter!!! They are 16 months....is sounds great to me

Maybe DH will come around when things get closer...although he still hasn't come around on the shots and if he happens to come in when I'm giving one, he turns a bit green-what a wimp!!!

Allsion-I'm reading the book Knocked Up, it is very funny, but informative too...althought this is the reason I'm thinking Doula and beginning to fear labor....maybe I should get Jenny's book too...I wasn't quite ready for the "Bible" (what to expect...) yet.

Old 12-22-05, 06:50 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Bonnie I hate that book! I call it "when to expect the doom and gloom"! My favorite book is "your pregnancy week by week". It's cool to be able to follow along and there isn't as much to read. Your dh does sound a little whimpy with the shots. Maybe he'll come around when he sees your belly swell and realize what is coming out. His babies!!! Take him on some appts. and maybe that will help. You'll be too sad without his support. PS It's not going to hurt that bad! L
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools