Baby Corner

Old 06-24-05, 07:53 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default progesterone shots

I just have a quick question for you guys....Last cycle we did the progesterone suppositories, but this time we are doing the IM injections. My dh said he would do them in my butt, but I kind of like the control of doing them myself (it hurts less, I think). Is their a good place to do them so that I can do it myself? Thanks ladies. Missy
p.s. I'm going for an ultrasound today to see how many follies are growing

Old 06-24-05, 11:45 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

My doc switched me from suppos to IM for my 2nd IVF. My dh did all the shots for me because I liked it better that way. I tend to get shaky and nervous before injecting and tense up. I believe you will be able to do your own injection in one side but I would never have tried it on my left side (I'm right handed). I would just lay on the floor relaxed with my head in a pillow and let dh shoot me up. You will have to switch sides every night because the last side will be too sore.

It's good your dh is willing, a lot of dh's won't do it or some single women doing IM shots have to get outside help.

I do not believe you can inject the PIO anywhere but the buttocks.

Old 06-24-05, 12:57 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Missy, you can do the IM shots in your thigh but DO NOT TRY THIS! I did the 1st IM I did myself and couldn't walk the right way for the next three days. Just do them in your butt yourself. It's not as bad as you think. My DH loves doing the shots for me, laying down on the bed, not looking, ie but I find it less painful to do myself standing up in front of the mirror. I don't even ask him anymore. If he's there and wants to do it I let him but I'm telling you it's easier to do yourself. I was REALLY scared the first time but it's a sinch. Glinda can do it in a moving car! Leslie PS The estragon shot I do in the thigh if my butt hurts but that one is a super sinch.

Old 07-02-05, 08:23 PM
Annie & Charlotte's Mommy

Thanked 12 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I think because the IM shots are oil based it can be really painful to do them in the muscle in your thigh. I have the same control issues with the shots but I've already decided that I will have to get over that and let my dh have some control. Good luck.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools