Baby Corner

Old 09-01-04, 01:08 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Progrestrone Levels

Does your clinic check for this after transfer?

I remember we had this conversation here awhile back because my levels were so low after last cycle and so were Baby Hungry's.

My understanding is they like to see a level of 15 for a naturally conceived pregnancy and a level of 25 for an IVF pregnancy (at my clinic at least). My levels never seem to get above 30, 60 tops when i have been pregnant.

Last failed cycle my progrestrone was a pitiful 18 after using crinone gel for 2 weeks when my beta was tested. This time i insisted my progrestrone was monitored and i had extra progrestrone support. They no longer do proluton shots at my clinic (which we used for transferring Analeise and the 1st 10 weeks of pregnancy). I remember my 1st prog level with +++ beta was 43 and that was on 1 proluton shot a day + 3 pessaries.

Yesterday as per my request at progrestrone monitoring this time i had a blood test. I am on 1 crinone gel in the morning and 2 or 3 pessaries at night. WHen my level came back yesterday my nurse checked twice and i made her check twice more.

My level was 675 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG is that crazy or what! I didnt even know progrestrone could go that high. Isn't it strange how your body can behave differently from 1 cycle to the next. They are going to check again on Friday just to be sure!
JB
4dp3dt (4 days past a 3 day transfer)

Old 09-01-04, 06:20 AM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 2820%

Wow! I've never heard of a P4 level so high! I hope it's a good sign!

Old 09-01-04, 11:40 AM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

That's incredibly high. Are you sure they are measuring it the same way of your previous cycles? I know that the U.S. and Canadian measurement for E2 levels differs. I hope it means that those 2 embryos are burrowing deeply into your lining

My clinic has us go for b/w and u/s 5 days after transfer. On this day, they want our P4 to be 30 or higher and our E2 to be 100 or higher. If the levels are below this mark, they have us take additional progesterone or estrace. The u/s is done to see that our lining has converted and is properly absorbing the progesterone.

Good Luck x 2

Old 09-03-04, 08:09 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Went for another P4 blood test today and this time the level was 83 so thats a drop isnt it. Nurse said the 675 level was correct but would also of had to do with the HCG injection (from trigger) still in my system.

Only 1 week till beta now!
JB

Old 09-03-04, 08:15 AM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 2820%

I'm still not sure about those numbers

. 83 is still a good level. :shamock:
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools