Baby Corner

Old 12-15-05, 01:34 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default thank you

thank you for the warm welcome! I really do think I need a place like this to come to and talk to others going through the same thing- it wasn't until recently that I have really felt at my wits end with all of this. To answer your questions- Bonnie- yes, we will try again. We are thinking about trying artificial insemination with donor sperm a few times due to the lower cost than IVF. Although we really don't know how much lower cost it would be. Either way, whether we do AI or IVF, we will keep trying.

Missy- we do not have any frozen embryos, which really sucks. I only had 7 eggs on retrieval, and they only could use 5 of them, and only 4 took, so all 4 were put back in. If we did have any frozen it would be a no-brainer- we would do another IVF cycle right away. That is one of my questions for the dr.- is there a way to get more eggs... more meds.. I don't know.

One of our closest couple friends just told us last night that they are pregnant. We are taking a vacation with them between Christmas and New Year's, so now I am really not looking forward to it, which makes me feel bad- I should be so happy for them. But I am sure you all know what that is like!

Old 12-15-05, 03:40 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Oh Beth, believe me we ALL know how you feel hanging out with pg friends. It SUCKS but yes, we are happy for them. I have a friend that is going through IVF and when her sister had a baby she turned to her and said "maybe one day you'll get lucky and have a baby". Nice. People don't think about what they say and that can hurt sometimes. Just try and have fun and relax. That's what vacations are for. IUI should be about 500 bucks. I'm not sure about the donor sperm costs but it's wayyy cheaper than IVF. This board will help you sooo much. Glad you're here. Leslie

Old 12-15-05, 04:47 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hi Beth, It is hard to see people around you seaminly get pregnant so easily- it is soooo unfair and makes no logical sense. Hang in there though, it sounds like you have some more options to try, which is good-there is still a lot of hope. Many people on this site, myself included have tried several things prior to IVF and then tried IVF a few times (or many) before having success...your turn will come.

P.S. Just think, you may have a better time on your vacation than your friend...you'll get to eat all the foods you like, drink if you want to and physically feel great-Try to go and have fun!

Old 12-18-05, 10:35 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default thanks

Thanks for all the motivating words. I know everyone here is in the same boast with all the pregnant friends and family members. It does suck, but it is great knowing there are other people who truly understand!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools