Baby Corner

Old 06-23-05, 06:58 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Default question for Glinda

Hi Glinda, I saw the RE yesterday and he wants to test me for some immune disease with a long name I can not remember. He said Miscarriage is common with IVF but he wants to do this blood test before we start a new cycle. Have you heard of this? He also talked to us about trying to keep the next cycle under control so I do not hyper stim. He is going to put me on a diabetes medicine. I am starting to worry now about having the miscarriage. We are going to start again this Winter and I am just trying to gear up for the next cycle. I am fine but we need to do ICSI. I guess that is why this MC surprised me so much. I got cocky thinking if I could just get pregnant everything would be fine. Do you have any suggestions?

Alicia

Old 06-23-05, 11:38 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time (APTT)
Anti-IgA Antibody
Antinuclear Antibodies (ANA)
Antiphospholipid Antibodies Panel (APA)
Antithyroid Antibodies
Factor V von Leiden
Immunoglobulin Panel (IgG, IgM, IgA)
Inhibin B
Lupus Anticoagulant
MTHFR
Prothrombin Time (PT)
Natural Killer Cell Activation Assay

Do any of the above tests ring a bell? These are usually the standard when testing for immune issues. I demanded being tested for Natural Killer Cells after a few losses. The dr said let's do the whole panel. I was fine with that. Unfortunately (believe it or not), I was disappointed when everything came back normal. I wanted to find something wrong so I could fix the problem. I don't know much about the diabetes medicine. I think they are called metformin and glucophage. If you go to the PCOS board, Moy will be able to help you with these med questions. I'm pretty sure she was on them.

There is nothing wrong with doing ICSI. I did a few cycles with it. As I said to the embryologist, go find the best ones and jam them in if need be.

If you're not going to do another cycle until the winter, I would have to agree with running all these tests. What's another vial of blood or ten?

Get yourself in the best possible shape before starting up again which means get yourself looked over top to bottom and explore every possibility of what could have went wrong and how to avoid it from happening again.

Old 06-24-05, 08:56 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Glinda,

What is your due date (it must be coming up)? Do you know what you are having?

Old 06-24-05, 10:18 AM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

C-section is scheduled for August 15th which is in 7 weeks and 3 days but who's counting

. It is possible that I will go into labor before then because August 15th would be 38 weeks and 6 days. Multiples sometimes get antsy earlier. They would still do a c-section. I'm having a boy (who has been breech for awhile) and a girl.

Old 06-24-05, 02:00 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Holy COW! Glinda, that's is so awesome. My DH is insistant on being surprised. Of course I'll talk him out of it. Leo babies. Leos' are the best! How exciting. August is coming up so fast. Leslie
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools