Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments Rachel, TNbabyRN - how's it going buddies?

Rachel, TNbabyRN - how's it going buddies?

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 08-24-06, 04:11 PM
Community Member

Thanked 5 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I used to go to the clinic in B'ham, 1st time round. They're good, but very popular/crowded and you get the feeling like your just another cow in the heard if you have to go in on weekends. Dr. Honea, though is amazing and just so wonderful. If you or anyone you know goes, try to get her. She did my HSG and was so nice. She even used pressure points and massage during the procedure to rleax my uterus so I wouln't cramp. I felt nothing.

Right now, we're going to a clinic, that opened up after we got pg with the twins, in Huntsville. It's much closer for us only about 15 min. away, as opposed to 2 hrs. for the b'ham trip. I love the Huntsville clinic, and the doc is really good, though after the initial work up, you don't see him alot, his nurses do the insems and stuff, but their nice too and many have IF issues. The place is very warm and friendly, u/s machines have a monitor mounted up at the cieling so you can see it all. Pretty tropical images on the florescent lights in the exam room so when your staring at the cieling you see a pretty picture. Creepy medical stuff hidden out of sight, etc. This palce feels alot less clinical and much more homey. Maybe you should mention it to your friends. It's called Huntsville Reproductive medicine and would be closer than B'ham.

Old 08-24-06, 09:58 PM
In Mommy Heaven

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

On injectibles - biggest difference is the cost. $100 vs $4000, none of which my insurance covers. Other than that, injectibles gave me usually 3-5 follies. I have no idea if they will work now that I am 40.

On charging for thawing - RIDICULOUS!!! I would ask them to give me the vial and put it in my bra for 10-15 minutes. Done Thawed. I'm not joking.

On testing - I was going to wait until tomorrow morning but I was afraid that I would forget and I wanted to call my broker first thing for $$ if it was negative. So I tested tonight - and it was negative.

I really did not expect it to work this time, but that nasty prometrium played tricks on me and gave me lots of pg symptoms. It really sucks to be me. I am a fat old lady. And soon to be a broke one.

Old 08-24-06, 11:42 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I am so sorry it was negative. There is nothing worse than a BFN staring back at you when you are praying for a BFP - especially after you've paid through those nose just for the try. So will you go to injectibles next cycle now??

What DPO was today??? When should AF start - that will at least be a fresh cycle to focus on.

I know what you mean about feeling older, I keep feeling more and more I should've started ttc about 10 years ago.

Keep us updated on your plans.

Old 08-25-06, 12:17 AM
Community Member

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Oh Rachel, I'm so sorry

I'm still going to hold out a glimmer of hope for you til AF comes or Dr. confirms with -beta.

Maybe next month will be the month all the DI ladies get pg?

I really hope that test was wrong.

Old 08-25-06, 12:46 AM
In Mommy Heaven

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

It is 14dpiui, so it is not a false negative. But it is sweet of you to hope otherwise

I will call the RE tomorrow and see what she says. She said once I stop the prometrium, I should get AF within two weeks. I have not yet figured out where to get Follistim vials - just the stupid pens that are designed for skinny people. I don't want to go back to Bravelle - that did not work at all for me.

Or should I consider IVF? I would only have the $$$ for one shot. About $25K, and nothing covered by insurance. Unless I go to Tijuana. What would you do?
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools