Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments really scared - child mentioned

really scared - child mentioned

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 12-07-06, 09:32 PM
Proud Canadian DI Mom

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

I would contact the clinic directly and get your name on the list as lokking for extras in case any ever do come back...

Old 12-08-06, 04:35 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Let the clinic know you are looking for more vials. Good luck!

Old 12-08-06, 07:12 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I spoke with Fairfax today. The 'substandard' vials are not tested for Canada, and therefore cannot be sent here. The doctor is on vacation till Tuesday, so they have to wait for his return to see if they could do the Canadian tests on them. I didn't bother calling the clinic to see if they would combine the vials until I find out if I can even get them. The other option is to travel to the States for insemination, but not sure what's involved with that, and not sure where the closest clinic is. We have 2 vials at our clinic. We are considering doing ICSI if all this other stuff does not work out. I had no idea it would be this difficult. My DD is only 16 months old, I didn't think to order any more samples before now. I can't seem to get past "If only we'd bought more earlier...." but you can't turn back the clock.

Old 01-01-07, 04:47 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hi there!
I remember you...we were pg at the same time and I think our dd's are days apart. Glad to hear things are well! I haven't been here for a long time.

I used to call Fairfax regularly way back when to see if any sperm were returned, and was on a wait list. And, I ended up returning my unused vials after dd was born, so they do get returned some times.

Just trying to be optimistic, but maybe you could do injectibles and get preg w/ twins on your first or second IUI! Then you'd have 2 more siblings. :-) he he Stranger things have happened.

Good luck and hope all is well!

Old 01-02-07, 06:15 PM
Is now legally Mrs. DP

Thanked 18 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Definitely call Fairfax to see if they have a list for this donor. I just sold 4 vials of my donors sperm to a woman who had been on the waiting list for years. I just happened to call Xytex and they just happened to have a list with her name on it. The woman called me, my clinic sent the sperm to her clinic, and she sent me a check. She has a DD from that donor and I felt GREAT knowing that I could help her out trying for a sib. Good luck!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools