Baby Corner

Old 12-03-05, 06:36 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%

wishing you a safe journey and a great retrieval and put back! Will be looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back. Fab that you don't need to do anymore shots - I remember how great that felt! So funny people asking you if your dh is going with you or not!

Old 12-03-05, 10:00 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Yeah Julie...the time has finally come. From now on, it's smooth sailing. The progesterone supp. are pretty gross. Not so much at first, but with me it built up inside me and when it finally decided to come out it was like a dam had burst....it was totally gross. Hopefully you will have better luck with it. I'll be waiting patiently to hear how everything went. Good luck and take it easy after they put those embies back

Old 12-05-05, 09:29 AM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Julie-
That is exciting news! Can't wait to hear how things go today and then again on Thursday, praying for much success for you. Glad to hear that you don't have to take the shots, yeah. Good luck and Congrats! Take care.
Allison

Old 12-05-05, 11:58 AM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Julie, just wanted to wish you good luck. I remember my dh and I went out for chinese food after the ER. I never did tell my docs that one!!! Have fun being in Boston, I live about 20 minutes north. Let us know how it all goes

DIane

Old 12-06-05, 09:13 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Hi guys, I'm still with ya! I'm posting fom a laptop though and feel completely lost without a mouse...

I had the retrieval yesterday and it was exactly as Missy described it. I was impressed with Boston IVF and the doctors and nurses and how everything was run. As usual I was a total baby but they did everything they could to make me fel safe and comfortable, and for me the entire procedure was completely painless.

Anyway, they retrieved five eggs, which may not be spectacular (the woman next to me has 22!) but they are OUR five and I feel very proctective of them! We had ICSI done, so hopefully now there are several nicely dividing embyos over there in Waltham - I'll find out late this afternoon.

One bit of bad news - the doctor said there is some fluid in my right fallopian tube, a possible hydrosalpinx, which may be toxic to an embryo, but not definitely so. He's going to discuss it with Dr. Alper and we'll see what happens. My RE had told me there was no fluid in my tubes at the time of my laparoscopy, hopefully that's a positive thing. As part of my "New & Improved" attitude I am NOT going to to look anything up on the net - for once I am going to go with my gut, which at the moment is feeling very positive and maternal.

And I did get chosen for the trial drug, which I am supposed to begin today, actually probably right now, yuck.

I'll keep you posted and thanks for all the well-wishes!
Julie
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools