Baby Corner

Old 02-22-08, 09:11 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default a scare already (pg mentioned)

Hi ladies, I"m wondering if you could help me out with some information. Yesterday we were traveling out of province, and I began to have pain in my left lower abdomen. I am 5 weeks pg, and was concerned with an eptopic, as I've been on fertility meds. It got progressively worse as the morning went on, and then I had a bit of pink spotting. I had my dh take me to the emergency room. It was a very long 5.5 hours, but I ended up with b/w, 2 vag u/s, and a formal u/s. The spotting stopped, and apparently I have a cyst on my left ovary. They found the yolk sac in my uterus, not in a tube (too early for heartbeat, I guess), my beta was good (17 000), so we left there extremely relieved. The problem is, that I was so worked up that I didn't ask anything about this cyst. It's between 4 and 5 cm, and I can take tylenol for the pain. That's all I know! Do they go away? Does it increase any complications for my pregnancy? How often will these pain flare ups occur? Any info would be greatly appreciated
Thanks so much!
Cathy

Old 02-22-08, 09:38 AM
Banned

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 0%

cysts normally go away on their own. However with the pain and such they may instruct you to take it easy. (rupturing a cyst can be exteremly painful) They call the corpus luteum cyst.

However rarely there are cysts that don't resolve on their own and need to be surgically removed. (I had that happen) it happens to be a 1% chance or something like that...

Old 02-22-08, 12:47 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Thank you so much for that article. The pain started again this morning, so I took a couple of tylenol and rested for a bit, and it seems okay now.

Thanks again.

Old 02-24-08, 11:37 AM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 20%

I hope everything is fine! We don't want you to worry! I'd say your numbers are just fine and you shouldn't even worry about an ectopic! When I had my ectopic, #'s were really low and even went down. I never even made it to 3000 and you're already at 17000! Take it easy

We're here to chat with and we're all keeping you in thoughts and prayers!

Old 02-24-08, 10:04 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Erica, thank you so much for those kind words. I wish that your baby dreams come true quickly. If only wishing made it so.....
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools