Baby Corner

Old 08-25-05, 11:34 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

I wouldn't want to do an amnio either...but I'm 39....maybe the test you are doing would be better...I'm jumping the gun a bit I think!!!

Old 08-25-05, 01:28 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm not doing it. My donor was 27! Plus it wouldn't make any difference for me. I'm having this baby and I'm going to love it like made even if it turns out to be some weird monkey baby!

I'm having weird pains at night and I can't tell if it's gas or ligament stretches or what? Is ligament stretching really painful? Like little stabbing needles? It's on my upper right belly. I'll ask the Dr. but he doesn't seem to care about anything but spotting. Which by the way I have had NONE since my cerclage. Yea!!! Leslie

Old 08-25-05, 04:25 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I feel the same way you do Leslie...I'm having these kids no matter what! I will love them unconditionally

Yeah...no spotting. Were you before? My doc is the same way with me...they don't even want to hear from me unless blood is involved. As far as the pain, I have NO experience so I can't help you with that one. When I fell down the stairs I called the on call doc. and she said "are you spotting" when the answer was no she said "did you break anything" still the answer was no so she said "nothing we can do for you". Where's the sympathy! Doctors can be such jerks. No concept of what we have gone through to get knocked up and of course we are going to be super sensitive

Old 08-25-05, 11:45 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I told my dr "no way" to CVS as it does have a higher rate of m/c than an amnio. Then she pushed the amnio. I told her I would make my decision after I received the results of the nuchal translucency test. My test results for trisomy 21 was 1 in 3700. Results for trisomy 18 was 1 in 10,000+. Those results were good enough for me and I skipped the invasive tests. I felt if there truly is a God then my babies were fine. I couldn't believe that I would go through my 8th pg just to walk away empty handed.

As you get further along in your pgs, you will have level II u/s. That was my favorite test. If something is wrong with a baby, there will be soft markers. If anyone pointed out anything, I would have asked them to do further testing. All my tests were fine.

Old 08-26-05, 09:51 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

What exactly are level II ultrasounds? Do they do anything different, or just look in more detail? How are those sweet little babies of yours Glinda? How do you find the time to keep up with us? Is their a difference in the picture when you go from an internal ultrasound to an external? I have had 3 internal and my next one in a week and a half will be external. Missy
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools