Baby Corner

Old 08-08-06, 05:24 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Diane, send me your email and pictures!!. I'd love to talk about it. Missy, are you kidding? I guess I could be around 85% excited now! We went through our clinic in MN for the donor. They gave her 3,000 and we paid for her meds is why I've got that number in mind. Plus, with all the other costs I can't really do more than that. Oh, here is how I found out who our donor is. I'm telling you I'm a dork. The clinic told me what she looked like, what her interests are and that she's an art history major in MN. Ok, then they put off our transfer because she wanted to go to Morocco for a school trip (she needed the donor $ for the trip). Well I looked up on-line which art schools had trips to Morocco, only one and VIOLA! They only had one student going. Plus the clinic told me she was Irish so I figured Catholic and the art school she goes to is a private Catholic school. Okay, then I found a picture of her because there was an article about her graduation project and there was a girl about 5'7" with wavy dark hair and light eyes. Oh, they told me her weight too and it looked dead on. So, I'm pretty sure I've got it. PS I agree, it could get too weird to contact her so I called my clinic to see if they'd ask her. I'd have her fly to Boston. I think your clinic is cheaper than the one we went to in MN. I guess I should give ole' Boston IVF a call huh? Diane, I'll send you a private message with my email address.

Old 08-08-06, 05:55 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

hey, why don't I use my eggs? Am I too old. My hcg was 10 is why they said to get a donor last time but I'm not so sure that's so bad from what I've been reading. I think MN is conservative because they want good pg %'s. Know what I mean?

Old 08-08-06, 06:40 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Have you ever tried to use your own eggs?? We are the same age I think, and I did fine. Some clinics are more particular than others just for their own precious stats. I have a friend whose clinic told her no way becasue of her test numbers and she found another clinic who would use her eggs....she went back to the original clinic telling them that she produced 8 last cycle and so they took her....go figure...she ended up with triplets on her second round!!!

Old 08-08-06, 06:55 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I'm totally going to talk to dh about it tonight. I kind of feel the same way about the stats. All I need are two good ones right? That Missy is a twin maker! What clinic did you go to Bonnie?

Old 08-08-06, 07:46 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

My clinic is here in Northern Cal-Reproductive Science Center...the friend I was talking about flew to New York from Seattle to some famous Doc who takes riskier cases...Glenda might know of him...and I can find his name if you want it...if I go through this again I'll go through my HMO (Who I also work for) Kaiser....their stats are good and the $ is less....I wasn't working here when I started the process the first time.

I'm so excited for you! What is your timing...sooner seems better than later if you are going to try with your own eggs...I used to joke that they took my last dozen!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools