Baby Corner

Old 06-23-05, 10:45 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Sending humongous hugs across the pond. Celia, I was deeply touched with what you wrote.

Leslie, just so you know, I don't drive. I'm a native Manhattanite. People like me don't even have licenses. However, I can shoot up as a passenger. It drove my father crazy (not to mention squeamish).

Old 06-23-05, 11:02 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Ok, well then that's ok. I did it in the airplane, between fasten seatbelt signs. I thought I was really badase! My DH said we'd be adopting if it was him getting the IM's. They don't even phase me anymore. Women are so strong. We can do anything. AND should!! Look at everyone on this site. Super strong! Yea!! Leslie

Old 06-24-05, 08:46 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Glinda & celia -
Thank-you for all of the great information. I think it helps to hear from people that are going through the same process as me. I know millions before me have done this and millions after me will too . . . .but, it can still be quite tough to understand. DH and I get to meet with our doctor again next thursday to go over all of the information again, in detail. The more IVF plays a part in my daily conversation, the more comfortable I am getting with it. From what I understand as of right now, they are planning on doing the egg removal and embryo implantation at the end of August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celia_M
Just wanted to quickly chime in and offer you both a

Dh & I live in the Uk, we found out in October '04 that we can only conceive via IVF with ICSI - dh has a low count and his sperm cannot swim at all. I was 27 and all tests on me showed everything was normal. We were concerned that I was going to feel it was me carrying the burden of treatment. It definitely felt very overwhelming and scary. But the drs and nurses guide you through each step at a time and were always happy to answer our questions. If it helps write them down in advance of the appointment.
Over here we're offered councilling as standard before/during/after cycles and we took them up on it. It made us think & plan how we were going to cope individually and together. I decided to use visualisation and meditation with calming music when things felt like they were getting too much. I also booked a 2hr long massage session in for the week before I started stimming. A lot of people here have used Acupuncture and always say it's wonderful for them.
Dh was a needle phobic (still is if its going anywhere near him!) but understood I wanted him as involved as possible in the cycle. He did all my shots for me. He's still disapointed he never got to give me one in my bum!

We asked and were told it didn't matter what time of day we did the shots, just as long as we stuck to that time of day consistently. It was amazing how quickly it became a normal part of our day. When we finally reached the point I had a day off before Egg collection we didn't know what to do with ourselves

Throughout our cycle we focused on just getting to the next stage in the cycle. That helped too. Dh's Human resources department were extremely understanding and allowed him to attend all bar one of my appointments. I still can't believe it's worked (so no it doesn't always take several cycles) and not a day goes by that I don't feel amazed and blessed and extremely grateful to have been gifted such a miracle so fast when so many others have to struggle through so much more. I really hope and pray everyone here gets their miracle on their current/next cycles. Despite having so much less experience and knowledge than many here have had to gain I hope that something of what I've said helps somehow nonetheless.. you both rang a chord in me when I read you're dx.

Glinda has been (and continues to be) a true inspiration to me and dh - she's one of about three people around here that dh asks after (he sends you a

btw.)

Old 06-24-05, 11:03 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hi girls...Christina IT IS OVERWHELMING!!! I am with you, but don't give up-age is on your side. In hind site, I wish I hadn't freaked out about it so much in my earlier years. I did everything I could possibly do to try to concieve short of IVF...nothing worked-much $$ has been spent! I was so worried about the drugs. Several years ago I thought I would go IVF and when I saw the drug schedule I started hyperventalating and crying!!!! I'm ready this time now (at 39). I have so many friends that have been through it and are now mothers

. This site in ivaluable to know that you are not going it alone!!

Bonnie

Old 06-30-05, 10:12 AM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default thanks for encouragement

I was so happy to hear that its not just me feeling like this. I am lucky that my insurance covers things, otherwise i would be lost! I have to wait till August to start in vitro and all that goes with it. My sister asked me if i was doing a 6 week cycle or 4. i had no clue what she was talking about? any clue? i am glad i have someone to vent to and ask questions, it really helps. keep in touch with me and let me know how your doing
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools