Baby Corner

Old 06-30-05, 12:08 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Diane - It looks like you and I are pretty parallel in this whole process. My husband and I will also be starting IVF in August. We go today to find out all of the information on cycles, etc. I will let you know how it goes and any info I can pass on! Let me know how things are coming along on your end too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianelynn77
I was so happy to hear that its not just me feeling like this. I am lucky that my insurance covers things, otherwise i would be lost! I have to wait till August to start in vitro and all that goes with it. My sister asked me if i was doing a 6 week cycle or 4. i had no clue what she was talking about? any clue? i am glad i have someone to vent to and ask questions, it really helps. keep in touch with me and let me know how your doing

Old 06-30-05, 12:25 PM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 20%
Default partners?

So glad to hear back from you. It sounds like we will be doing every step together. So maybe we should be each others backbone. I am 28 and like i said before my husband has low motilty. we mane not done any IUI or drugs yet. The doctor said to skip it all and do IVF with ICSI. We have been married a year July 17th. He is supportive in some ways, but until the actual shots start and we take the class i think he really has no clue. He works nights so I have no clue how i will get my shots. Do you want my email address and we can keep in touch more closely with each others progress. I have to finish this months cycle, I am ovulating now but i guess that does not matter anymore, then when i get my period i have to do the dye test and some other tests for insurance to cover it. Then once that cycle is over we will begin, i estimate August 12 or so willl be my day 1. Let me know how today goes!
Diane

Old 07-01-05, 10:26 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%
Post Partners . . .for sure :)

Diane-
Well, i went for my consult appointment yesterday and got pretty overwhelmed. The RN went over all of the medications and injections and our time line. We will be starting injections/meds at the end of August and doing our egg retrieval at the end of September. So much information! The shots made me pretty nervous, but the nurse was a blessing as she was explaining it all. I am going for the dye test next thursday, and will let you know how that goes.

Christina

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianelynn77
So glad to hear back from you. It sounds like we will be doing every step together. So maybe we should be each others backbone. I am 28 and like i said before my husband has low motilty. we mane not done any IUI or drugs yet. The doctor said to skip it all and do IVF with ICSI. We have been married a year July 17th. He is supportive in some ways, but until the actual shots start and we take the class i think he really has no clue. He works nights so I have no clue how i will get my shots. Do you want my email address and we can keep in touch more closely with each others progress. I have to finish this months cycle, I am ovulating now but i guess that does not matter anymore, then when i get my period i have to do the dye test and some other tests for insurance to cover it. Then once that cycle is over we will begin, i estimate August 12 or so willl be my day 1. Let me know how today goes!
Diane

Old 07-04-05, 11:47 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Leslie --

I am new to this board and on my first IVF cycle. When I saw your post I had to laugh. I cried too when I found out all it entailed and thought I am NEVER going to remember all of this and do it on time. Then I went to pick up the meds and they hand me two boxes with syringes falling out everywhere (I felt like a junkie walking out of the pharmacy) and then told me it would be a cool 4600 clams for these little treats -- that's enough to bring a tear to the eye, especially when you are self pay.

At least the Lupron shots are a piece of cake. I am on day 14 of the Lupron and start stimming on Thursday.I think for those of us needlephobes the Lupron shots ease us into the big daddy PIO stage. (Maybe I am fooling myself). I am not looking forward to that at all, however I read somewhere on here that a lady name Glinda can give them to herself in a moving vehicle and that should be an inspiration to us all, not to mention quite a talent for Glinda.

I'm thinking she deserves a spot on "That's Incredible".

This looks like a great board and thanks for letting me barge in.

All the best to everyone.

Lesley
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools