Baby Corner

Old 07-18-05, 10:51 PM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default sono HSG?

Well I am on my evaluation month and have to go on Wednesday for a sono HSG. Anyone tell me anything about it and if its painful. they put me on an antibiotic for the day before and 2 days after, and i have to take 800 mg pain meds i hour before procedure, they told me to not work in afternoon because i may not feel great. Any info on the test would be great. I am so excited that when I get my cycle next I will be starting IVF. I guess on cycle day 2 I will take the pill for 16? days then start shots? Does that sound right? If thats the case and I get my period August 12th, when will my transfer be. It all seems so far away to start the process. Any help from you guys would be great!
Diane

Old 07-18-05, 11:36 PM
Annie & Charlotte's Mommy

Thanked 12 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Are you referring to the saline sono?
I had this done and it wasn't painful at all. I didnt' take anything for the pain and I was totally fine right after the procedure. I had my dh drive me to and from the procedure just in case.

Old 07-19-05, 12:18 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Wow Diane, they are going all out. I had that and it kind of hurt while they're trying to push the dye through my tubes (they we blocked so that's why it hurt). I didn't take any pain killers and went back to work and was fine. You'll do great. You'll be so excited to get everything started you won't even care. Good luck, Leslie

Old 07-19-05, 11:48 PM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 20%
Default thanks

Thanks guys, I am going in morning for Sono HSg and you made me feel better. I must admit i am nervous and know it will be a hard night sleep! I guess it will be nothing compared to what the next few months will bring though right? I guess i better toughen up! i am so glad i found this website, hearing other people go threw the same as me is much better than trying to talk to my hubby about it. he tries to understand but he will never know a womens yearning inside to have a baby. Each month that passes seems like an eternity. you have all helped me so much in simply realizing i am not the only one going threw this, and i will get threw it, just time is of the essence. keep in touch, i am sure once the IVF actually starts the first day of my cycle i will really be needing you all for information.
Diane

Old 07-20-05, 03:51 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hello! I'm pretty new, but have some information for you. I don't think I had to have the Sono HSG. My Dr. did evaluate my uterus last month, measured it, etc. It was only painful when he went all the way up to the top of my uterus - that jerked me almost right up. But it only lasted like 5 or 6 seconds. I do also think they used the iodine dye test, too. But it was painless for me. I've had some past "issues" with the birth control pill years ago, so my doctor told me that I did not have to take the pill with this cycle. The only reason they want you to is so they can monitor when or if you ovulate. My doctor is just having me come in on a certain day for a blood test to make sure that I did ovlulate, that day happens to be Aug. 3 because I just started my period on the 14th of July, last week. Then I'm to start Aug. 3 the Lupron, to suppress ovulation. I then start the stim. meds on Aug. 13 for like 10 or 12 days, they retrieve the eggs, and I start the progesterone and wait for the implantation. Your nurse or doctor should do up your calendar for you when you start your next period. My doctor's office wanted me to call the day I started my period, which I did on the 14th. She then makes up the calendar from that day forward for your cycle month. I'm sure all Dr.'s are different, this is just the way mine does it. You should call your nurse at the Dr.'s office if you have any concerns of time issues. Basically, there's really nothing you need to do until after your period starts. Just make sure you get all the tests and "stuff" (i.e. blood work, etc.) done before you start your period next month. Good luck! Sorry if I rattled on too long. --Meladi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianelynn77
Well I am on my evaluation month and have to go on Wednesday for a sono HSG. Anyone tell me anything about it and if its painful. they put me on an antibiotic for the day before and 2 days after, and i have to take 800 mg pain meds i hour before procedure, they told me to not work in afternoon because i may not feel great. Any info on the test would be great. I am so excited that when I get my cycle next I will be starting IVF. I guess on cycle day 2 I will take the pill for 16? days then start shots? Does that sound right? If thats the case and I get my period August 12th, when will my transfer be. It all seems so far away to start the process. Any help from you guys would be great!
Diane
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools