Baby Corner

Old 11-15-05, 07:51 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hey Julie,
Your protocol sounds like my 1st one when I was on Lupron and bcp's. Then I had af for like 4 days and started stims.

My baseline today showed about 13 antral follies. I told my RE "Look, this is my 3rd and last cycle so I want to be extremely agressive. And if there're any risks to be taken this is the cycle. Because I don't want to walk away and wonder if we should've done something differently." He understood and is starting me at a pretty high dosage of stims. So I'm happy...for now.

Give me a couple of days on these hormones and I might be another story! Jeez, I just remembered my mom might be coming down this weekend. Yikes, I hope I can handle it.

DON'T be intimidated by the meds. I swear, you can do it. It's just like baking or something. You follow the directions and just go slow and take your time like you would follow a recipe. Tonight I said "Hey Kev, ya wanna come support me while I do my 1st shots?" He was like "ya want me to watch? ok." So he did and just talked with me through it and handed me something when I needed it. Your dh will do the same. (Mine knows when to help and when to shut up, because sometimes I'm just like "don't talk to me for a minute")

I'm excited for you. If you have any questions ask!

Old 11-16-05, 08:35 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Celia....I think you are so right. I now believe there is definitely such a thing as too much information, and I've tried really hard not to think too much about the meds.

On the other hand, I had no idea what an antral follicle was so I looked it up on the net.

Pretty fascinating - Stacy, it sounds like you're already doing great, and I am awed by your bravery! I so hope this is it for you!

And your suggestion to recruit DH for help is a great idea. He was with me for the first dose of lupron (and a big help too), but then I started doing them on my own in an effort ot spare him. I think I need him back!

Thanks for the support and talk to you soon,
Julie

Old 11-17-05, 11:14 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hey J,

So did you have your baseline b/w and u/s today? How'd it go? Don't be nervous, you'll be through this in no time. Trust me the 2ww is FAR worse!

I am moody as he!! OMG it's awful. I don't know if it's because I'm on such a higher dose than the other times but man oh man I was down right rotten this morning. And the headaches are starting. But it's all for the big, shiny prize, right?

Let me know how your "meds lesson" goes tomorrow.

Old 11-18-05, 02:30 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I agree, don't read the side effects, it will freak you out. Julie, it sounds like you're doing great. I had to just take a couple minutes by myself to "get over" my shot. Stacy, maybe you should tell your mom to come another time. Just in case. You don't need any additional worrys at this time. I'm getting so excited for you two! It will be great to have all the good news around here!!! Leslie

Old 11-18-05, 06:34 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hi Stacy, I'm on my way to the medical center now - I'll let you know what they find. :-)

How are things going for you? I'm sorry about the headaches....

Talk to you later, Julie
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools