Baby Corner

Old 11-19-05, 12:52 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hi guys,

Well I am clear to go ahead and start the stims tonight. My right ovary is still enlarged, and there's some fluid and a large either follicle or cyst(!) in it, but it sounds like I have about three follicles on that side and five on the other. Here goes!

In spite of the good news I still had the blackest day yesterday. When I drove home I didn't know yet whether I'd be able to cycle, I was worried about the cyst/follicle, and then I became convinced that there was no way this was ever going to work anyway. But today I feel better and am just doing what I need to do. What will be will be.

This morning DH figured out all the med mixing instructions for me - he was pretty cute and I'm so grateful for his help. I just get kind of freaked out, and then I can't concentrate.

Anyway, hope you're all doing well. Stacy, do you go for a follicle check soon? My next will be the day before Thanksgiving.

OK, time to get some stuff done around this house!
Julie

Old 11-19-05, 01:34 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Julie! You're doing great. Try not to worry. You can have a black day here and there but not after the transfer! You'll be so excited anyway. I'm so happy for you that you even get to do this. It wasn't too long ago we weren't sure so see!! Must be meant to be for some reason. (bfp)!! Hang in there girl. Tday is coming up fast. Leslie

Old 11-21-05, 12:13 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Julie-Sorry about the headaches-it is part of the process I'm afraid...as far as black days go, I think it could be hormonal too...combo of hormones and stress

...Leslie is right that after the transfer you'll be hopeful and excited!

Old 11-21-05, 04:41 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Thanks guys, it helps so much to know you've all been through this. The headaches are a little worse today, but I was doing some dusty work yesterday so it could be a bit of sinus. Anyway, nothing horrendous.

Did anyone find the stims made you thirsty? I thought I read somewhere that it's important to drink water since the follies are using up fluid, but I've felt thirsty from day one, which seems too soon. I'm only on day 3 - is it just my over-active imagination?

Stacy, how are you doing? Are you feeling OK? Tomorrow will be CD #9 for you won't it? How many ultrasounds have you had? Do you have even more follies? Questions, questions! :-)

Bonnie, I read your post about your lining and retrieval date - I certainly can't offer any advice but I hope you are able to get it all sorted out and please keep us posted. That was interesting what Glinda said about the patterns....

Julie

Old 11-21-05, 09:57 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hi Julie,
Sorry you're having such bad headaches, I can relate - they $uck. I guess you're doing good with your shots though, huh?! Very proud of you! lol Keep me updated on your follies!

**Warning - Downer part of the post**
Yup, cd9 tomorrow (very good!) today is my 7th day of stims. I've been pretty depressed the last few days as well. I cried all the way home from my u/s on Saturday. Just feeling like this isn't going to work, I'm never gonna have my own baby, why me, blah blah blah

There's only like 8 follies in there and I was disappointed. I'm trying to stay positive but it's hard sometimes, like Bonnie said the hormones are probably not helping my mood. I'm probably going to have my ER on Friday so that's good. Won't interfere with Turkey day. Hope I didn't bum you out! I started a post like this the other day and then deleted it because it was too depressing! But I had to get it out.

Talk to ya later...
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools