Baby Corner

Old 11-22-05, 02:07 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Julie, I had a permanent headache the whole way through my cycle and the only thing that stopped it being a raging one was drinking water, water and more water! So I'd bet that that was what helped you last night.
I totally agree with what you've all said already - Bonnie you couldn't have put it any better! It's exactly how I remember feeling during my cycle. I felt like a yoyo I was up and down so fast sometimes! I also played lots of music loudly and practised meditation/visualisation to try and keep myself as calm as feasibly possible under the circumstances. I don't think anyone could go through all this and Not have some really low / angry / why us moments. A good cry can do a lot of good sometimes too imo - better out than bottled up inside. (And I remember writing and deleting things without posting myself)
Stacy 8 follies is great! I'll be rooting for you on Friday when you have your ER.

Old 11-22-05, 05:26 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Stacy...I went into my retrieval thinking I only had 6 follies and they were able to retrieve 8. I was so bummed out thinking that 8 wasn't enough. Only 3 of those 8 went on to fertilize. I told them to put them all back thinking this will never work and I have none to freeze. 2 of the 3 implanted

I feel very fortunate. Listen to the ladies because they all know. It sounds so stupid and I hated it when people said it to me, but it really does only take 1. 8 is a decent amount so try not to be bummed about it

Old 11-22-05, 09:46 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Ladies,

Thank you all so much. I can't tell you how much your words of encouragement and personal stories mean to me.

Sometimes I feel like I'm just going through the motions of all of this and trying not to feel anything, and then I'll walk out of the RE's office or something and realize just how important it all really is to me. It's a constant see saw. You all said it so perfectly, but Julie you're right about that fine line between optimism and reality. It's soo hard. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful and very lucky to be able to do this and hope that it is Gods plan but maybe it's not. And that's the part I'm trying to come to terms with before I hear those dreaded words again..."I'm sorry, it's negative."

That being said, I am feeling better knowing that tonight is probably my last night of stims so I can get rid of these blasted headaches. And that I'm one step closer to finishing this cycle.

Know that your words did not fall on deaf ears, as I'm probably going to read them all again and again...Thanks!! lol

Old 11-23-05, 01:33 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Stacy! 8 is great! I've heard some many great stories I'm sure you're going to do great. Can't wait to hear all the great news on Friday. Leslie

Old 11-23-05, 09:29 AM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

hi girls. I know right now is a hard and emotional time, but try to stay positive! I had the worst headaches form the stims or lupron, and complained every day during them. You are both strong women and deserve to have moments of weakness with what your going threw. Just remember, after retrieval and transfer you must stay positive each day, and tell yourself its gonna work! Everybody on this website is an inspiration to me. I feel like i should not even be here, having only one IVF and it working. But I am glad I am here and have met all you strong women. Good luck with your retrieval,s and the headaches will be gone soon!
Diane
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools