Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments Still no AF...talked to doc about HSG

Still no AF...talked to doc about HSG

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 09-10-04, 07:51 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Still no AF...talked to doc about HSG

Hi--
So no AF still. Weird. I had that tiny brown spotting on cd 27 and was expecting her on THursday but nada. And nothing today either. A tinge of something when I wiped (TMI) but nada else where. Now that I know I"m not pg I just want her to get here, ya know? Where is she? It's cd 29 and I am always a 27 day cycle on Clomid.

Anyway I emailed w my RE (since I could not get in to see her for 2 more weeks) about an HSG. She said it's a good idea to get an HSG and she'll write me a script for it. I just need to make an appt b/w cd 8-12. I hope i can get in cuz they are very very booked up.

I wonder if insurance will pay for it. It did last time but I don't have fertility coverage. Is an HSG considered fertility or OB/GYN?????

Anyhoo that's my update. I hope the witch just comes already. I'm off to drink a big glass of wine and maybe get this period going.

At least I'm in a better frame of mind now. Thank you for all of your support the other day when I was in the DUMPS.

Old 09-10-04, 08:10 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Meds sometimes screw up our systems. I didn't have a physical problem with clomid until my 4th round. My lining was incredibly thin and I developed a 40 mm cyst so the cycle was scrapped. When it was time for AF, it was nowhere in sight. The cyst wreaked havoc with my system. I had to take provera to bring on AF. Presently, my AF is MIA. I had cysts at the beginning of the month and didn't cycle. If you don't start flowing in a couple of days, call your RE and see what she says.

A HSG is for looking at your uterus, in addition to your tubes. The x-ray can pick up polyps, fibroids, adhesions etc. The diagnosis does not have to be infertility. I had my HSG done on cd 6, had IUI on cd 13 and got pg that month. I wasn't on meds. Maybe you can do that too instead of taking off the month. There is nothing fresher than recently cleared out tubes

Old 09-10-04, 08:30 PM
Community Member

Thanked 126 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

My HSG was covered under OB/GYN since I don't have any fertility coverage.

Good Luck getting an appointment

Old 09-10-04, 09:26 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I

that AF comes soon! How frustrating, huh? When you want her to come, the

takes her own sweet time...

As for the HSG, I think it will depend solely on how the Dr. orders it and for what diagnosis. Good luck!!

Old 09-11-04, 07:39 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I was wondering the same thing about an HSG. I might see about having one if this cycle is another BFN. Hope the witch shows soon.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools