Baby Corner

Old 08-23-05, 07:28 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I just got the word that we are going "one more day"....Looks like the retrieval will happen Friday...

Old 08-24-05, 10:34 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Holy cow...19! That's great. I knew more would pop up for you. Have they said how many of the 19 are big enough to be able to harvest? I'm so excited for you for friday. Be sure to let us know how everything goes. Your lucky because with that many eggs, you should have some left over to freeze for later kids

Good luck, I'll be saying a little prayer that all goes well. Missy

Old 08-24-05, 10:58 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I KNEW IT GIRL GOOD JOB!!!!!!!1

i CAN'T WAIT TO HERE HOW fRIDAY GOES, I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU.

Old 08-24-05, 11:08 AM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

GREAT RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!! Do you know the size of the follicles or your estradiol level? The extra day wait is for growing the follicles a little bigger, trying to allow the smaller ones to catch up etc. Rule of thumb is that an E2 (estradiol) level of 150 to 200 for a mature follicle. Each clinic has its own protocol for sizes. My clinic usually had you trigger when the lead follicle hit 21 mm.

Good Luck

Old 08-24-05, 11:53 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Thanks Gals for all of your support. This site is a life saver!

Today I had 10 of the 19 follicles that were all over 15mm-the largest being 21, so they seemed very happy with the progress. It is most likely that I'm ready, but I thought that that yesterday at this time too! My lining looked great she said and I have no idea what my estradiol level is, but they take my blood each day to check it...I'm confident that they will be able to retrieve some keepers.

Were any of you at all sore after the retrieval? I'm looking forward to having all of these removed b/c of the bloat and discomfort, but I'm wondering if I'll be even more uncomfortable after the process???
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools