Bearing in ind that some women take the 2WW off in order to give their treatment the best chance of working I thought it might be good to have a thread like this!! This was sent to me by a friend, and I thought it was very good!
1. Retail therapy
2. Visit an Art Gallery
3. Draw a picture or send your niece or nephew something special and post it.
4. Hire movies that make you laugh (no boring daytime TV allowed!!)
5. Go to the florist and get some flowers (un-arranged) and arrange them yourself
6. Call DH
to say "hello"
7. Read magazines
8. Get creative with your photography, macro photography in the back or front yard.
9. Do something just for DH
- something that will get a big response that takes a little effort
10. Download all your favourite old songs (MP3's) and play them really loud whilst singing into your hairbrush.
11. Cook/bake your favourite foods
16. Groom your animals/make a fuss over them
17. Organise a girls night, including written invitations, white chocolate fondue, your fave movies or boardgames and cards. Have the party a few days after your 2ww is over. Either way you'll welcome the company.
18. Search for positive quotes on the internet, and if
you find some that inspire you, make them into posters to put around your house.
20. Pen a letter to a friend you haven't seen for ages. Reigniting old friendships can be a great distraction, and they'll think you're
wonderful for thinking of them.
21. Go to the beach/on a drive through the country.
22. A weekend away.
23. Read trashy magazines
24. Get a gentle massage
25. Organise coffee dates (without the coffee) with close girlfriends who understand that you may not want to talk about it ad nauseum.
26. Remember that is ok to say no to other peoples requests, you have to look after yourself first.
1. Don't dwell on things you can't control - only the things you can!
your mind does start to wander... use the list!!!
3. The only thing you can control is YOU so take action... use the list!
4. No watching TV other than shows you know make you smile
5. No long baths or showers (too much time to think)
6. No vigorous cleaning
7. No fighting - let everyone else win every argument
10. Remember that LOTS of people adore you and love you!
Feel free to add suggestions!!!...