Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments Thinking about having a Lap - Need opinions

Thinking about having a Lap - Need opinions

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 01-14-06, 12:01 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Stacy- I guess the laps are pretty common with those of us struggling with infertility...I had two laps and many HSG's... my tubes were blocked and they tried to clear them with the laps-no luck. they were able to look at my uterus though and other than removing a polip (sp??) said everyting looked good...that gave me more confidence to move forward...it is a good diagnistic test. While not easy to go through-just a few days of uncomfortable recovery-it's not too bad either.

Old 01-14-06, 12:19 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Thanks so much everyone. After reading the posts here and at another bd I posted on, the concensus is that it's probably a good idea just to make sure everything is "okay". So I think I'm going to go through with it.

Old 01-16-06, 08:49 AM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 1.43%

My sister had a lap to remove as much of her Endo as possible, she conceived my niece 2 months later.

When Dh and I were ttc, we knew we were going to need ICSI because of his swimmers, but decided to go ahead and have me have a Lap for diagnostic purposes to finish off checking for any issues on my side of things. We felt the IVF was too big a step to commit to without being sure of exactly what we were up against.
Fortunately my consultant found nothing and gave me a complete all clear. I'm still really glad I had it done though, it gave me so much more confidence going into our ivf cycle. It took me a week to fully recover, but only the first 2days were uncomfy really due to the gas they pump inside you during it. Pain meds, hot water bottles and peppermint tea all helped. As Bonnie said, it's a great diagnostic procedure and not too bad to recover from at all.

Old 01-16-06, 12:42 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Good for you Stacy - it's so hard to make decisions like these! I hope you find out that everything is just fine and you can have the peace of mind of knowing you've tried every avenue. I doubt you'll find the surgery difficult.

One thing the nurse told me that really helped was if you have discomfort from the leftover gas, lie down; and if you already are lying down, change sides. She said the gas wants to rise, so if you're uncomfortable, just change positions and it will move. But I didn't find the cramps very bad at all - they were a lot like regular gas pains but higher.

J.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools