Baby Corner

Old 11-14-06, 11:41 AM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Quote:
I joke with my husband and tell him we should start using meth, then we wouldn't have any problems conceiving
You have no idea how many times I contemplated becoming a crack addict

Quote:
Oh, I do have a question. I am to get bw done on day three of my cycle which should be the last week in November - that is also the day I start taking bcps. So, could I feasibly be ready by ovulation in December or will it take until January? Also, when do I start the injections?
Alot has to do with your clinic's protocol. My first clinic only had us do 10 days of bcp. It did a number on my system. I totally shut down and couldn't produce follicles when on the stims. After that, I did cycles without suppression. There are long and short protocols. If you are on the long protocol, you probably won't start stims til the end of December and will transfer in January.

Old 11-14-06, 02:45 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Success story #9. I'd say that no matter the cost, no matter what you have to do, it's SO worth it. I've never been more in love in my whole life. (Sorry dh) We had to refinance our house and beg and borrow but who cares? We've got Carly!! We did donor because of low egg count (I'm 41). They will be able to tell you more about your eggs after testing. I didn't get pg after the fresh cycle, which was heartbreaking but I stayed optimistic and viola! Got pg on my first frozen cycle. Hang in there. I think it's us tenacious ones that suceed. Leslie

Old 11-14-06, 02:59 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Default Encouraging!

You are all so encouraging. I am actually starting to look forward to doing the IVF. I will have my BW after Thanksgiving, so we'll see how my eggs are doing. I don't know why I would be worried about egg quality, I have never had any issues.

When I had an us at my first appointment last week (which I was not expecting - it was 5:00 on Wednesday after a long day of wearing nylons and no maintenance! I had to apologize to the dr.) Anyway, I had a cyst on one of my ovaries, I am not sure if the dr attributed it to my use of Clomid the previous month or what, so hopefully that will go away before January.

Anyone have any issues with cysts? I had a vag. u/s about two years ago and there was nothing wrong at that time. I just don't know what the problem could be or if it is a problem. Just another thing for me to worry about.

Danielle

Old 11-14-06, 03:33 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Now don't get me started on clomid. Not until I took clomid did I ever have a cyst. And what a cyst it was.....40 mm. Can you say ouch when it spontaneously combusted on my next AF?

Cysts usually take a month to resolve themselves. Furthermore, most drs prescribe bcp to get rid of those nasty things. You'll be on bcp so there shouldn't be a problem. I also cycled with a cyst. It posed no problem whatsoever. If your day 3 estradiol is in normal range then it's a non-functional cyst.

Old 11-14-06, 09:57 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Clomid was horrible - another thing reason I had resigned myself to not having children - I was never going to take it again. I have had one visit from AF since the clomid and will have another at the end of November. Then I will start the bcp.

Thanks for the info - do the injections affect you the way Clomid does?

Danielle
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools