Baby Corner

Old 05-07-05, 12:54 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default (pg mentioned)

First you should know that when measurements are taken, "normal" is considered + or - 1 week. If your sac is measuring 5 weeks 1 day then the heart rate was fine. I had my first u/s at 12dpt (very early) and there was one sac. At 5 weeks there was a miniscule second sac. At 6 weeks, I was told the heart rate of Baby A was 109 (not exactly high). Baby B was less than half the size at that point and had nothing more than a yolk sac. To top it off, I had heavy bleeding. I was told Baby B was deteriorating and I would expel it. Ten days later, Baby B had almost caught up with Baby A. As of Thursday, A is 1 lb 6 oz and B is 1 lb 4 oz. Two drs told me I was going to lose B. I, the queen of negativity, chose not to give up on the little guy no matter what any dr said to me.

Your dr sounds like a sh*t. I agree that you should find another dr.

You hang in there.

Old 05-07-05, 07:21 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 1.43%

At 6wks 2 days my u/s showed two sacs (second was already collapsing) first was measuring 5wk1day and had a heartbeat - (but the machine they have here couldn't measure the rate). They were pleased to see the heartbeat at all at that stage!! At 9wks it measured 8wks 2 days, at 12.4 wks I had some bleeding and my consultant saw my name up for an impromptu scan and stayed late to do it himself. It was then measuring 12wks 5days so had finally got to the "right" size for date.
At no point did my dr's and nurses here express any concern to me or dh that baby was measuring a little small, not even when I queried it with them. They said they see it a lot, measurements are an average - (and bear in mind how one person measures it may vary to how another would anyway, I've seen this on lining & follie scans myself) as it had all the features they expected to see at each scan that all was ok and that they consider the features more important than size, the size would catch up in due course and it did...

Laurann You Are PG! Your Dr sucks and needs a good strong lesson in bedside manners! If you can find another that's going to respect how stressful all this is for you and behave accordingly I surely would, she's causing you unnecessary stress at a time you should finally be able to begin to relax and enjoy your pg.

Old 05-09-05, 12:33 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

And be happy! I agree Celia M!

Old 05-09-05, 04:03 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

So true everyone! My husband is ready to go through the roof. If all goes well tomorrow, she'll release me to my regular OBGYN and she won't be around to stress us anymore. Fingers crossed! Laura
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools