Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments Time frame for meds after BFP??

Time frame for meds after BFP??

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 01-13-06, 11:25 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

My doc. said that pg. women only needed to be on progesterone until week 10, then your body produces enough on it's own. I did 1 shot 1x a day until I was 10 weeks. I did the vagina mints the first time around and hated them

I can't remember thickness of my liner the 2nd cycle, but I think it was 10 the 1st cycle.

Old 01-14-06, 11:37 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Thanks for the input gals...I am on 1cc of PIO and 2 mints (200 mg) for at least two more weeks. They did drop my estrogen to 4mg rather than 6. Luckily I haven't been too sick at all-I did wonder about how the meds increased pregnancy side effects though...my breasts are the worst part for me-hugh and painful.

I had my US yesterday-everything looks great!!! I could again see the heart beating and could make out the head and little nubs for the start of limbs! I won't have antoher now until week 18...

Old 01-15-06, 02:19 PM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hey Bonnie
I was on the Progesterone thru the first trimester only. I was never on Estrogen. I started out w/ the shots but after about 1 week of the positive test I got to stop those and be put on the pills...started out w/ 3 a day then tapered down, I was glad to get off those meds. Congrats on the u/s can't wait to hear what you are having are you going to want to know?
Take care.
Allison

Old 01-17-06, 12:11 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Allison, We are leaning towards not finding out the sex...we'll see if I change my mind closer to week 18!!! I think there are positives about finding out early, but it is also very exciting to find out at the birth, hmmm.....

Old 01-17-06, 12:56 PM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hey I know that was the same delima I faced, but when it came down to it, I wanted to know....and I am glad I made the choice. But good luck to you at week 18, and let us know if you decide or not to decide to know the sex. Good luck and take care, hope you are feeling fine otherwise. In maternity clothes yet?
Allison
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools