Baby Corner

Old 09-27-06, 11:39 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

First of all, my mom and grandmother both did (before 40). He also said my fsh was really high and he said that it meant my eggs were no good or I was running out of them? He said most likely due to my family history of early menopause, that is probably going on with me. He is checking for a few more things with the blood test, but I can't remember what (I was to focused on the menopause thing

I think I was a bit shocked (to say the least)....I am only 36 and thought I still had plenty of time. The reason why I asked as far as carrying for Leslie is that when I talked to them, my fsh was one of the first things they asked me (and they know I would only be the carrier), so I figured it must be important for some reason. Do you think you are Glinda? Leslie is wondering about herself also. I wonder if doing ivf does such a number on your body by making you produce so many follies that maybe it triggers your body to shut down?

Old 09-27-06, 12:15 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I started trying to have a baby in March 2001 and did my last cycle in November/December 2004 (end result Arianna and Spencer in August 2005). I spent most of those 3.5 years taking meds month after month. I took breaks for pgs and then m/cs. I wondered if putting my ovaries in overdrive was going to use up the majority of my remaining eggs.

After the c-section, I bled for 5 or 6 weeks. I didn't breastfeed. 28 days after I stopped bleeding, I got AF. The next few cycles were also 28 days. One month I didn't get AF. I called my gyn and set up an appointment. I also did b/w. My fsh came back at 11 which is fine for my age. The stupid nurse made me feel like I was going to walk out of the office in a wheelchair (dumb comments like...oh did you have a c-section due to your age? no stupid, they were both breech.) I half expected my fsh to come back in the 30s. According to my fsh level, I shouldn't even be near peri-menopause. I thought my body might still have been out of whack from the pg hormones. I think my mom got her AF until she was around 50. Anyhow, things were normal for a few months but now I just had a 38 day cycle. They asked about night sweats. I'm very sensitive to any heat. I think I've had night sweats since kindergarten

I don't know why your doctor would be concerned about your fsh if you are only going to carry for Leslie. The cycle that you do the transfer would be the equivalent to a FET. You would go into shut down mode. You wouldn't even want to be making follicles that month. You'll suppress ovulation, overdose on estradiol to thicken your lining and then transfer.

Old 09-27-06, 04:54 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

No, my clinic doesn't care about Missy's fsh. That's why we did donor cuz mine was 10. It does matter though if she wants to do a cycle for herself when we're done because it will be a couple years and she might not have a couple years to wait until her eggs are viable. You don't run out of them, they just aren't as viable. Missy, your Dr. told us that fertility isn't in the uterus, it's in the eggs sooo... My concern is you waiting too long for another baby for you & dh.

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools