Baby Corner

Old 10-08-05, 11:28 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

That's great Trisha. Not very sensitive of the nurse though. I've heard countless stories about IVF since I got to the hospital. Even the girl drawing my blood. Amazing to hear all their stories, glad I'm pg! You should be getting close to 12weeks right? Or are you at 8 right now? Take care and sorry you're so sick.

Leslie

Old 10-08-05, 08:12 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I'm so sorry you've got the horrid m/s now too

I tried to see it as a good sign that my baby-growing hormones were really kicking (about) my system. I'm glad you've got meds to help with the ovary and have been able to slow it down a bit too, hopefully that will help a little with the sickness side as well.
That nurse really shouldn't have done that to you

Wonderful that your Dr has btdt herself and is so understanding as a result! Will you be seeing her throughout? I'm sure that's going to be really helpful for you if so!

Old 10-09-05, 05:32 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

lkeim-posted my ticker just for you, thought when I posted less than 4 weeks to go, everyone would get it, sorry, my bad.

Ahhh Celia, thanks for the hug, you are so sweet. Yes, she was my Doc through my last pregnancy, and she will be my Doc throughout this one. I didn't think much of all her ?s about IVF back during my 1st pregnancy, but now I see I may have helped her make the leap. How are you doing? Everything going good w/you?

Well, the energy level is still low, but hopefully it will gradually increase. I don't remember the 1st try being like this, maybe it's cause I'm getting long in the tooth

Old 10-09-05, 10:06 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Trisha I'm so glad you & baby are doing OK and hope you are able to somehow get the rest you need. Ten hours of teaching is a LOT, pregnant or no. What do you teach, BTW?

I had an unintentionally insensitive sonographer recently - she was very sweet and totally meant well, but she was chatting along (joystick in place!) and you could practically see the moment when she realized what she was saying could be painful to someone else - um, like me. It was along the lines of feeling like she never really understood how couples would want a child badly enough to do IVF until she had her own child (so far so good) and then she realized you don't ever know anything until you have your own and how great it is, would never have it any other way, etc, etc (whoops!). And me lying there with my big cyst wondering if I'd ever even get the chance. And boy, that cyst, "what a beauty". Not exactly the highlight of my day!

I do hope you feel less anxious and have more energy soon.....

Julie

Old 10-10-05, 09:47 AM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hey Trisha-
Glad you got to see the heartbeat that is really cool huh? Sorry about the nurse that was strange but glad the Dr. went thru this too. I am feeling really good. Nausea a little not bad...but had a really bad GAS attack on Saturday thought I was going to die! but after dh blamed it on the dog I felt I had to tell him the truth, teehhee...he could not believe how rotten I was, I was embarrassed, but I guess that comes w/ the territory. Feeling a little tired still but want to start walking again, so going to try today. Thanks for thinking of me. Not showing yet, I guess...but my clothes don't fit well, have to wear loose or stretchy clothes, what about you? I guess w/ the cyst huh? With that medication will it go away? or just not grow anymore? sorry you are having bad m/s.
Celia-I know you must be excited only 16 days to go!!!!!!!! yippie, you will have to let us know what you have when you finally get to lay eyes on your little miracle. I still don't think I want to know but we will see. Well take care, keep us posted.
Allison
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools