Baby Corner

Old 10-16-05, 07:49 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Believe it or not they've spent the entire pg - especially this trimester - telling me it's a small baby & worrying me that something was wrong in there, each scan has proved all is a-ok though. According to their "charts" based on the "national average" it's barely within "normal range", but what dh and I don't get is that surely they should take your family genetics into account first and foremost?

They've tried to change my dates on me too Leslie - backwards at the 20wk scan and again at the 31wk sizing scan, I told the u/s techs It's an IVF baby my dates are Beyond doubt don't you Dare change them!!

I'd ask why they've changed yours out of curiosity

I also realised at about 34wkspg, I'd read about how to get it in there extensively, then about being pg, feeding it, caring for it, options on names for it, but not one thing on how it was actually going getting Out!

Old 10-17-05, 10:03 AM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Trisha, he yeah the gas is bad...but doing better I suspect I will be in maternity clothes soon. I have bought a few from Target, but still trying to get on w/ the stretchy stuff, my slacks don't fit anymore around the waist...and I hate wearing tight clothes...I am running out of options, trying to make it to November, but it maybe sooner.
Celia well you due date came and when so what is going on? Do you have a drs. appt soon? keep us informed, can't wait to see what you are having and hear all about it...take care.
Allison

Old 10-17-05, 11:09 AM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 0.82%

DD is a week weds - 26th October. Feels like it should be this week though, time is grinding to a halt now. Baby's head is well engaged now, I just hope it doesn't decide my bladder is too comfy a pillow!

I'm having tons of braxton hicks, but otherwise no signs of anything happening yet. I shall be really participating in my aqua aerobics class this Thurs!

I've a midwifes appt on the 26th, so if I make it to that will see what she says. If nothing happens on it's own she'll then see me again a week later for something called a "stretch and sweep" - (it's just like it sounds aim is to encourage your cervix to get itself into gear without using drugs basically) she'll also discuss setting an induction date with me at that point too, latest they'll let me go is about the 9th November ie two weeks past my due date - I SO hope I don't go that far past

Old 10-17-05, 03:07 PM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Thanks for the update, I don't know why I thought it was the 16th! I am losing my mind...hehehe. So are you going au natural? or trying to? since the midwife? are you having the baby in water? I have heard of that before and it is suppose to be better for you and the baby.....you will have to let us know how it all goes, sounds exciting. Sounds like the baby is gearing up for coming out. Are the braxton hicks painful? are they mainly in the back? I have heard of those before just wondering what they feel like....just cramping? Well here's hoping that baby comes soon! I am sure you don't want to have to wait another 2 weeks huh? "stretch and sweep" huh? so you think that will be painful? sorry for all the questions, I just have not read that far in the books yet, still getting used to that I am pg. I still have a hard time with it...I guess once I start showing it will be more realy or feeling the baby kick. I am soooo happy for you I can't wait to hear what happens and see your posting. Good Luck, I am thinking and praying for you.

Old 10-17-05, 07:11 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Hi Julie,

Thanks for asking. I have actually been having a tough time. My BFP turned into a miscarriage. Technically, it was a chemical pregnancy I guess since it happened before we saw the heartbeat, but emotionally, chemical pregnancy somehow sounds like it should be less painful than a miscarriage and that just wasn't the case.
We are moving forward to doing an FET. I first have to go through a monitoring cycle to determine if we will proceed with a natural or a medicated FET.

How are you doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjello
Hi, just wondering how you guys are feeling?

Julie
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools