Baby Corner

Old 10-17-05, 06:56 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Sorry to hear your bad news Rhonda. I was wondering why we hadn't heard from you. BUT doing a FET is great news! I know women that have done both. I did a medicated one. Good luck and Keep in touch with us! Leslie

Old 10-18-05, 08:21 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Rhonda I am so, so sorry - you must have been devastated. Do the docs have any theories about what went wrong, or do they just figure it will take another try? What kinds of things do they monitor to determine whether to go medicated or unmedicated with the FET? I'm wishing you lots of luck and hope you will keep us posted.

I'm doing fine, thanks for asking. During my IVF workup (for what we thought was male factor infertility), the docs found an endometrioma (chocolate cyst) on my ovary, which I just had laparoscopically removed. Turns out there is a whole lot of endometriosis in there, stage IV, even though I didn't have pain or a single symptom. Surprise! By some miracle though my tubes and ovaries seem to be OK and unobstructed. As soon as I fully recover I'm guessing I'll start an IVF cycle, although I still need to confim with my docs. We'll see.....!

Take good care of yourself,
Julie

Old 10-18-05, 05:03 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Rhonda I'm so, so sorry that you've miscarried.

It sounds like your dr is checking all the bases by having you do a monitored cycle first to determine what's the best approach to your FET. I'll be thinking of you and sincerely hope that that works for you.

(Ali I'll pm you)

Old 10-18-05, 05:21 PM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Rhonda-So sorry to hear about your loss and that you are having a tough time, but glad to see you posting again, hope that you can find some peace in doing so. Good luck w/ the monitoring and please keep us informed. Take care I am thinking about you.
Allison

Old 10-20-05, 05:59 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Thanks for all of your kind words. I am generally a really positive person so I am kind of surprised by how hard I am taking this. It has been five weeks since my m/c so I went to my RE for provera. I had to go through an u/s and bloodwork so I am just waiting for the prescription. I was surprised to hear that it can take a week or two to bring on AF. I am really hoping that it doesn't take that long for me.

From there, the first cycle will be a test one and they will do a biopsy on my lining both to look to see if there are any clues as to why the m/c and also to confirm that my lining develops consistently with my cycle. This way, I can do a natural FET and they know that 3-4 days after ovulation, it will be okay to do the transfer. My understanding is that if your lining and hormones aren't naturally at the right level after ovulation to be conducive to implantation, then they need to do the FET on a medicated cycle to help ensure that the transfer is being done at the optimal time. I am sure I am oversymplifying but that is my understanding.

Julie, sorry to hear about the endometrioma but it sounds like you will be back on track soon. Will you be doing a fresh IVF or an FET? Maybe the timing of our transfer will coincide so we can enjoy the wonderful 2ww together!

So few people in my life no that we are going through all of these infertility measures and even fewer understand how hard it is. While I am new to the boards, I am starting to appreciate how great it is to be able to interact with others who can actually understand what I am going through.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools