Baby Corner

Old 11-11-06, 12:48 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Default Two days from preg test

I'm new to the board and going out of my mind and yes I added to it by doing a pg test today that came up neg. Today is Saturday and I go for blood test on Monday. Was that too soon to try pg test at home? Seems like some say you can on this site and some say you will not get a strait answer before the blood test.

Thank you
Amy

Old 11-11-06, 09:01 PM
is aka Andrea
Community Member

Thanked 218 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

It might be to soon! A blood test can find out before a HPT. good luck and let us know what happens!

Old 11-12-06, 09:46 AM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

And the answer is.........it all depends

. I know that's not the answer you were looking for but there are so many variables. It depends on how sensitive the pg test it. It depends how many days after transfer it is. It depends on when the embryo implanted.

There are women that do test negative on hpts but test positive with the blood test. There are some embryos that implant late so the hcg starts to rise later on. I took one of those early tests at 10 days post transfer that was supposed to light up with a hcg level of 25 or more. I got the faintest line. It turns out the blood test was 101. The line was deceiving. Also that number represented twins. My beta really didn't take off til the following week because one of the embryos probably implanted late.

Good Luck and Welcome.

Old 11-12-06, 12:34 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Thanks so much for your replies they both made me feel a little better and no matter what I'm going to try again. I did a five day transfer with two morulas and I tested 8 days after the transfer. So tomorrow we know for sure. I like this site alot, nice to have someone who understands the emotional part to talk to. We have been married for ten years and really trying for about 3 years but it wasn't until last year that we found out the cause. We found out that my husband sperm count was low but a day after we found out I was pregnant but had mc at about 6wks. Then afterwards they tried clomid because they said I had pcos. That just made me miserable and didnt work, so I was sent to a fertility doctor and he said they shouldn't have even bothered with the clomid because of my husband's sperm count. So here we are at invitro.
I had to go to the emergency two days before the transfer because of pains on my side and found out that I was hyper stimulated and may have had a cyst burst on my ovary. So that part worried me when we did the transfer. I stayed on bed rest untill the day of the transfer and felt alot better.

Thank you again and it feels good to just write all this out.

Amy

Old 11-13-06, 04:12 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

How did thing go for you and DH??? I hope it was a positive for you both!!! I just had my second IVF cycle and tested on Monday and unfortunately it was negative. Don't worry what ever your outcome is we will all be here for you!!!! Welcome!!!!

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools