Old 10-22-05, 11:17 PM
is loving my girls!
Community Member

Thanked 49 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default U/S & Blood work.

Hi ladies,

Well, tomorrow I go in for my ultrasound (and the usual monitoring blood work) yeah!

Looks like I am on my way to ovulating. So my FET should be Thurs Oct 27th or Fri 28th.
I should find out tomorrow. I am glad it's during the week that way my doc does the transfer and not the covering doc if it had fallen on the w/e. I hear she is good too but I had a bad experience with her when she did my fresh embryo transfer.

Looks like I will be calling in sick for my night shifts booked for Thursday & Friday.
It will be a nice stretch off. I work Mon & Tues then I'm off for 5 days. (3 of which will be bed rest, but oh well)

I just hope my lining is thicker this time. The last few cycles seemed to be bordering on the thin side. ( 7 & 6.8 I think) Now I'm on a baby asparin a day so I hope that helps.

Well I hope everyone is well. Take care

Happy Halloween

Old 10-23-05, 10:09 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

MaryEllen... I'm so excited for you

How many totsicles are you transferring? The ladies here have had really good luck with Fet cycles, so don't you worry. Just take it easy for a few days to let those babies settle in. Before you know it, you will be all knocked up

Good luck Missy

Old 10-23-05, 01:06 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Mary Ellen, my lining was 7 and they were pleased as punch about that. Make sure you do the bedrest to let those little buggers hunker down! You'll love it! I'm a super antsy person and I enjoyed the time. Anyway, it's coming up so fast! Everything going on in the outside world seems fast, just slow in here. Anyway, good luck and make sure you relax it up!! Leslie

Old 10-23-05, 08:10 PM
is loving my girls!
Community Member

Thanked 49 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hi Missy and Leslie,

Well I had my u/s and my linning looks good. She predicts it should be around 7.3 to 7.5 by my transfer day which is great. Much better than my last transfers. I have to go back for bld work tomorrow am again. I thought I was done with that untill the transfer day.

OH well.
I am transferring two totsicles.

I have never tried two at the same time before. We did one fresh embie Sept 04 and then one frozen embie last Feb. Because of my Bicornuate Uterus (

shaped uterus) the Doctor says twins would be a very high risk pg. (Pre-term delivery and M/C are higher with Bicornuate Uteruses, and that is with a single pg) He said he doesn't want me to get pg with twins. So who knows what will happen. We will just have to wait and see. I guess we are taking a bit of a risk and I am nervous about it all. It was a hard decision to put 2 in. I would hate to think of losing them both if I did get pg with twins.

Anyways, enough of the negative talk. This will work out just fine. I know it's going to work. ( I keep telling myself that anyways)

I am really trying to stay positive and to get into the mind set that I can and will get pg this time. I have started making a baby quilt. It's for a girl, for some reason I feel it will be a girl.

I went shopping in downtown Toronto today with my sisters and picked up a couple of cute vintage baby prints to go up in my future nursery. This is helping me stay in the positive mind set as well. The prints are sweet. One is a large -Bessie Pease Gutman- "Awakenings" and the other a small vintage print of two cherub like baby angels looking down on a baby in a bassinette. So adorable.

Anyways Hope you ladies find the time speeds up for you, and I hope I am knocked up soon too.

Take care
Mary-Ellen

Last edited by Mary-Ellen; 10-23-05 at 08:24 PM. Reason: wrong smilie - I had to change it.

Old 10-24-05, 08:28 AM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I'm so glad the u/s went well and your lining sounds great

Those prints sound adorable!
Sending you lots of positive vibes for the xfer! Do you know if it'll be Thurs / Fri yet?

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools