Baby Corner

Old 12-14-05, 09:55 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Hi Julie,

God, you sound so calm and serene for the 2ww! I was going to ask how you were doing but then I read your posts and you sound FINE - except for the hand incident, that was crazy!! I'm glad your doing well and CAN't WAIT to hear about your bfp! If it can't be me it's GOTTA be you!! I'm pulling for ya sister! lol

Bonnie! Excellent beta, how exciting! Twins would be cool. When will you know?

Old 12-15-05, 09:10 AM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hi Bonnie, thats a great beta. wanted to let you know my situation with the beta, very similiar to you. My first was 309 I think. they said it was borserline twins, or a very healthy one. then it more than doubled in 2 days, to mid 600's. they still told me it was a good chance of it being twins. But on the ultra sound there was one. But you definitley coul dhave 2. That would be great! Just keep being positive, I remember I was so hungry too, but at about 6 weeks that all stopped for me. I am about 14 weeks now and getting my appetitie back. WATCH OUT, i have many weeks to make up for! when are you gonna tell people?Wishing you lots of luck adn a healthy and happy 9 months
DIAne

Old 12-15-05, 10:33 AM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Bonnie-
Congrats on the 2nd Beta....that is a great number and could be 2! When I was home yesterday watching Oprah! did anyone else see that episode...OMG, I cried like a baby, talking about miracle babies and all. Celin Deion was on there as well, she went thru IVF as well, she has one embie on ice as well and is going to go get it thawed and implanted soon...but there was another lady who had IVF in which 2 eggs fertilized, but then the 2 eggs divided again...she had 2 sets of identical twins! 2 boys and 2 girls...amazing!!! Not trying to scare you Bonnie but it was a good story and then a woman who's husb was dying of CA he has his sperm frozed before he started chemo....after he died she did IVF and had twin boys! it was a great show but I did do alot of crying this whole process is SOOOO emotionally all the time, and I know what you mean about the hunger!! I was the same way! I am much better now...but boy it was tough in that first trimester.
Julie good luck on Monday, can't wait to hear, Rhonda do you go on Monday too? hopefully we will have alot more BFP's around here.
Allison, p.s. the Amnio was terrifing but got thru it w/ dh by my side....just alot of pressure...I could not look at the needle going in I just kept my eye on the baby. So we should know in 14 days....I hope all is well w/ baby girl. I will let you know when I know...thanks again for the support.

Old 12-15-05, 12:30 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

The Ophra show sounds great...sorry I missed it. I'm not scared about having the "embryos divide". I'm still in shock that 1 even took! Diane, I'm guessing it is just one and I'm going with girl! This is so crazy, but I'll tell you all for proof later!!! I dreamed before my beta that I was having a girl AND about 10 years ago I saw a psychic (against my religion, but feeling desparate at the time) and she said I wouldn't have children for a long time and that she saw me with one girl....bazzare Huh? We'll see what happens!

I'm trying to remember all of the question I just read-ha!! I have told only a select group of people. I'm wating until the US (12/28 late in the pm-so probably won'y post until 12/30). I guess at that time they will be able to give me some reassurance that this is real-and tell me how many are making a home in there. After that we will tell my IL's and more of my family and friends. I won't be telling my work until Feb 06, unless I'm sick as a dog- I may need to come clean earlier. I'm feeling good-hungry more often and more intensely, some small cramp like feelings, and lots-tons of energy. I told my DH that most women are tired-he said if anyone would have the opposite happen to them it would be me! So I'm still waitng for the fatigue factor-I'm sure it will happen.

Julie and Rhonda I'm so excited for you two! How are you holding up???

Old 12-15-05, 12:55 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Wow. There is a lot on this post. Ok, first. Julie, I can not wait until Tuesday for your BFP so I suggest, just suggest you do an evil pee stick AFTER you go get poked at the Dr.s. Bonnie, my first beta was 667 and my second was like 1400 so we thought for sure we were having twins but found out at the u/s it was just one....GIRL. We were disappointed but I thank every day that it's just one now. 72 days of being locked up in the joint might have turned out to be a complete nightmare for me. Oh, I went to a psychic too a long time ago and she said I was going to have a girl in October. I never did sooo. See what they know. You could very well have twins in there. That would be super cool. Again with the wait! Till 12/30! I think these waits are much tougher on me than you guys. Heehhee. Just kidding but I sure do look forward to all the good news that's going on around here. Makes me smile a lot. Leslie
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools