Baby Corner

Old 12-15-05, 02:10 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Stacy you are too sweet! How are you feeling now? Somewhat better I hope. I'm hanging in there - I think I'm able to be calm (relatively!) because I knew in advance that this was part of the deal, including a BFN. And I had three great embies, so I feel like I at least have a fighting chance. Of course I'll be completely devastated if I get a BFN, but I don't think I will as angry as when my cycle was almost cancelled. I was totally emotionally unprepared for that and it really blindsided me. Meanwhile I have no pg symptoms (except sore bbs but they've been like that through most of the cycle so nothing new), but I know that doesn't mean anything. Beta Monday!

Allison, I love Oprah too but haven't settled into my winter Oprah/workout schedule yet. I read this snippet on Yahoo the other day though where a pg skydiver fell onto blacktop at 50 mph. and survived! She's young, only 21, her chutes didn't open right - she broke her pelvis & a lot of other things but she and the baby survived. She said she had no idea she was pg and never would've gone had she known (thank God) - they discoverd it while treating her after the accident. Can you believe it?? And I worry about vacuuming.....!

Hi Diane & Bonnie!
J.

Old 12-15-05, 02:10 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Stacy you are too sweet! How are you feeling now? Somewhat better I hope. I'm hanging in there - I think I'm able to be calm (relatively!) because I knew in advance that this was part of the deal, including a BFN. And I had three great embies, so I feel like I at least have a fighting chance. Of course I'll be completely devastated if I get a BFN, but I don't think I will as angry as when my cycle was almost cancelled. I was totally emotionally unprepared for that and it really blindsided me. Meanwhile I have no pg symptoms (except sore bbs but they've been like that through most of the cycle so nothing new), but I know that doesn't mean anything. Beta Monday!

Allison, I love Oprah too but haven't settled into my winter Oprah/workout schedule yet. I read this snippet on Yahoo the other day though where a pg skydiver fell onto blacktop at 50 mph. and survived! She's young, only 21, her chutes didn't open right - she broke her pelvis & a lot of other things but she and the baby survived. She said she had no idea she was pg and never would've gone had she known (thank God) - they discoverd it while treating her after the accident. Can you believe it?? And I worry about vacuuming.....!

Hi Diane & Bonnie!
J.

Old 12-15-05, 03:09 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

OMG! I saw the same thing about the sky diver! I was thinking "and here I am afraid to move"!!! What a crack up....you never really know what to do/not to do...

PS Leslie, your psychic was only 2 months off-give her a break!!!!

Last edited by bonnie; 12-15-05 at 05:49 PM.

Old 12-16-05, 09:41 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Sorry Leslie, I wasn't ignoring your post yesterday, it must've gone up while I was writing mine (as you can see I had trouble posting it!).

Anyway, are you actually suggesting I do an evil pee stick, LOL!?!?!?

Your suggestion has been seeping into my mind and I think it's a GREAT IDEA! In fact, when I talked to the nurse to set it up, she she said she thought Monday would be late enough to get an accurate read on an HPT.

So, because I would never want you to be tortured with more waiting in addition to your own (hee hee) I'm going to buy one today. Think I'll make it 'til Monday?

Old 12-16-05, 11:08 AM
Paige's Mommy

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Hang in there Julie.....Monday is right around the corner, you know if you test too early you could get a BFN and still wind up pg on Monday with your Beta.

How long til you get the results of your beta after Monday????
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools