Baby Corner

Old 12-16-05, 11:19 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Well, I can have blood drawn locally on Monday, but it needs to Bangor for testing, so I probably won't get results until Tuesday.

>sigh< But I know you're right.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do....!

Old 12-16-05, 11:49 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Julie, if you buy it now.........you will test

If you are going to test on monday with an evil pee stick, I would wait until sunday night to buy it or you will totally be tempted. I am so excited for tuesday....I am so rooting for you

I am pretty much home bound now (no work) and due to my feet swelling, I'm supposed to stay off them. So, I really look forward to good news on this site.

How are you hanging in there Leslie? I'm so proud of you for hitting that 30 week mark. Can't wait until I'm there. I have an appointment on the 29th for doc. and u/s.....after that I think they want to start seeing me every week. As soon as the kids are big enough and lungs mature, they are going to take them out (c-section).

As far as twins......my 1st beta was 268. My 2nd beta was done 4 days later and was over 1500. They told me at my clinic that they thought it might be twins, but that my beta was on the line and could go either way. I lucked out and it was twins! So, good luck to all of you waiting for beta's and u/s's. I'll be waiting anxiously to hear. I need one of you guys to have twins

Old 12-16-05, 12:14 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Aha! Missy that's a great idea. And who knows, maybe by then I'll have the courage not to test at all (yeah, right). It DOES kind of seem like a waste of money, and I've certainly spent a lot of that lately. I'm expecting the SIX ultrasound bills to start trickling in any day now....

But one good thing - remember when I asked you what the going rate for ultrasounds was down by you and I was wigging out because they were so much higher up here? Well, I'm pretty sure from reading my insurance rejections that the actual billed rate is going to be a lot smaller than the quote over the phone. So that's a relief.

I'm sorry about your poor swollen feet - I hope you're not horribly uncomfortable and are able to take it easy. Does DH help out pretty well around the house? Do you have pets that you need to deal with? This is your first baby - oops babies! - isn't it?

My mom keeps teasing me about having twins or triplets - I just want to yell jeeze mom, it'll be a miracle if I even get one!

Take care,
Julie

Old 12-16-05, 02:01 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Well Julie, of course I am not suggesting you do the evil pee stick, just thinking you might want to keep a BFP in a scrapbook! BUT you shouldn't do it till Monday. Really I don't want to sound pushy but I am in the hospital and really don't think I can wait till TUESDAY!! I'm just kidding. You just do what you think but don't do it before Monday morning, for sure.

Leslie

Old 12-16-05, 10:06 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Julie, these are my first babies (and realistically my only 2). I am really, really uncomfortable most of the time, but I wouldn't trade being pg. for anything

My dh is pretty good about helping out (although he won't cook). He has learned through this whole process that he needs to do alot more because I am physically unable. Wait until the babies come (hehehe). I am so glad that you also went through the same clinic that I did. Let me tell you a little secret.....the embryos that they classify as HIP are really good quality. My 1st cycle I had 1 HIP embryo and I got pg (but miscarried) and the 2nd cycle we had 3 HIP embryos and 2 implanted. I'll be so excitd to here what happens with you. I think I remember reading that yours were also HIP???? If you do an evil pee stick, you better let Leslie and I know the answer

Have a good weekend.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools