Baby Corner

Old 12-17-05, 01:37 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Thinking of you both and praying and hoping really hard for you!
Julie my dh is just the same, without this board I'd have gone totally nuts (instead of completely nuts!) during my cycle. I also went through the same process of preparing myself for a negative and thinking through what I'd do if it was. I think being around friends and keeping busy is a good idea. Distraction technique...
We were lucky to get our beta result the same day, dh booked it off work and we planned in advance what we were going to do to try and distract ourselves between getting back from the blood-test in the morning and calling the hospital for the results. We were of course thinking the whole time about it, Nothing can stop that, but it was better than staring at the clock waiting for each minute to pass. (We got to do that too though as the lab was running late that day so we were told to call back in another hour, the Longest hour of our lives!)

Old 12-19-05, 01:38 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Julie- It is soo normal to prepare for the worst-just let all of us think positive for you! My DH is the same-down't even want to hear my symptoms, but suddenly he has become an expert on nutrition and announced yesterday that he thinks I should breast feed for at least 18 months-Ha! I think it is his way of being involved! As far as yoga goes, no intense yoga, but gentle yoga will be great. There is an article in either this months or last months Prevention mag about the benefits of prenatal yoga on health of mom and baby and even mothering ability...you'll find plently of good things to do whhile pregnant!!!

Old 12-19-05, 06:47 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hi Julie,

Thanks for asking. I have been silent on the boards lately because I spent last week just trying not to think about the 2ww. I am pretty emotionally drained with the whole process and am feeling the added pressure of finding out the results just before Christmas. I am just so tired of feeling sad. I don't want to be negative, but I am also scared of the disappointment and, quite frankly, despair at this point, that comes with a BFN. I am also tired of feeling like everything I do could have an impact on whether we have a successful pregnancy. The most I have been given in terms of guidance during the 2ww is to "take it easy". Obviously I am not going to spend the whole time on the couch ( I have to make it into work at some point!), but beyond that, there is a whole realm of activities that on one day seem reasonable but on a bad day are a huge source of guilt. Was I foolish to go shopping? Am I bending over or moving around too much? Crazy sounding I know, but it is so hard having such an important part of your life be this much out of your control, that sometimes I think I assume I have more control over it than I do, even if it ends up making me feel guilty.

Sorry for the rambling. Just having a bad 2ww day, I guess...

Old 12-19-05, 07:11 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Rhonda, I'm sorry you are feeling so much stress and worry. It does SUCK to have to wait and wonder and in reality have no control. This part of the process is so difficult. We were on this board last week talking about the girl whose parashoot didn't open and she landed face first on black-top...she broke her pelvis in two places and her fetus is fine....she didn't know she was pregnant when she jumped....so with that said, there seems like there is very little that you can really do to lesson your odds-try not to blame yourslef in advance....AND you could get a BFP!!!! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers and keep everything crossed for you! Is there anyone you can talk to at home? DH, friend, pastor, counselor? Sometimes face-to-face is helpful...

Old 12-19-05, 10:19 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Rhonda, I didn't realize you had to wait so long! Jeez! I know how you feel. When I bend over to pick something up off the floor or take 2 minutes more in the shower I beat myself up thinking "oh crap, is that going to make me deliver. I haven't so I guess it's all ok. If I get a cramp or something though I freak out. Hang in there and bask in the joy of the season. One way or another it will all be ok. Leslie
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools