Baby Corner

Old 06-28-05, 10:47 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.33%

Hi Bonnie,

I haven't been on the same combo as they are putting you on. However, I have been on repronex. I didn't like it very much. I got mild headaches every day and the injections left large, red painful welts wherever I gave the injection. Hopefully you will have better luck

I did follistim with it and had no problems with the follistim (except the insane price of it). When are you starting? This is my 2nd try and I'm anxious to get it done...I feel good this time. I haven't had any mood swings like last time, and my follicles are all similar in size (last time they varied alot). Good luck to you, keep us posted! Missy

Old 06-29-05, 01:48 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

Missy, that's good news you feel better this time. I felt awesome this time. The first time I felt like crap and had awful headaches, was a super B!! And the meds just didn't seem like they were going in good. See!!! It's going to work. PS I had 11 the first time! Leslie

Old 06-29-05, 10:05 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

I hope when they retrieve them I have 11 (or more). My follicle scans have been so "off the mark". Each one was totally different from the others. As far as # of follicles, each ultra sound told me a totally different #, so I guess it will be a big surprise tomorrow

How many fresh cycles and frozen cycles did you do Leslie?

I have felt pretty good this cycle. I did almost all of my injections in my stomach this time (thigh last cycle) and it was alot easier and less painful. The repronex was a *****, but other than that, piece of cake. Can't wait for the progesterone...when do those start? I'm assuming the day of retrieval! Wish us luck tomorrow (Leslie and I)

Missy

Old 06-29-05, 12:20 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

I started with 11, did one fresh with 2 embies, then one frozen and they used all the remaining nine, only three made it so I told them to load me up! You only need two Missy, so give em' up!! June 30 is a lucky day, I'm just sure of it. Good you're doing so well on your meds this time. P4 start the day before transfer, I think. You better check your outline, it's soon. Take care and remain positive and maybe have a little talk with the "kids" let them know what an awesome mom you'll be and how lucky they're going to be to get carried in your WOMB! for nine months. That'll do it!! Talk to you tomorrow. Leslie

Old 06-29-05, 12:58 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

Yes, I have used that combo, and I didn't have any side effects.

Tanya

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie
Missy, Congrats! Looks like you'll have a lot to work with! My doc is putting me on Gonal-F and Repronex...have you (or anyone else) been on that combo??? What kind of side effects should I expect? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on your retrieval!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools