Baby Corner

Old 09-14-05, 04:09 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default ultrasound

Well, I had my ultrasound to test for Downs Syndrome today. The ultrasound looked good and was well within healthy parameters but I won't know for sure until the blood work comes back next week. The babies are so cute now....they actually look like babies

One of them was VERY active and all over the place. They wouldn't even give me a guess on the sex of them

She said she doesn't like to say anything unless she is sure. All in all, a good day. Both their heart rates are in the 160's and they are 3 inches long. I gained another 2 pounds this week....MOOOO!

Old 09-14-05, 04:24 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I'm so happy you got to see your little bubbies, and that everything is looking fine. Don't worry, your closing in on the gender ultrasound, you'll know what those babies are in no time. Wishing you a continued healthy pregnancy.

Old 09-14-05, 04:52 PM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Awesome Missy happy to hear that all is healthy and happy w/ the babies. Sorry about the sex thing but in time huh? Hey you are caring two in there go easy on yourself...hehe. Please take care. Congrats.

Old 09-15-05, 06:14 AM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I remember when I had my nuchal test. I held my breath when they measured the backs of the necks. I knew anything over a 3 would have signified bad news and meant further testing. The results of the nuchal u/s and b/w made me decide not to go for the amnio.

The heart beats are fantastic. When you go for your level II u/s starting at around 20 weeks, they can tell gender. I didn't want to know. They were also very shy and hiding their private parts. My mother accompanied me to my 2nd level II at 24 weeks and the babies lifted their legs. She wanted to know so I gave in and the sonographer told us. I never would have been able to identify Arianna but I couldn't miss Spencer

I'm sure your b/w is fine.

Old 09-15-05, 01:12 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Missy, don't give me the cow cry! You should get a load of the size of me! I'm wearing my girlfriend's 9 month stuff! I'm SO glad you had a fun u/s. My Dr. won't tell us either the sex and I know he can tell. I'm going to see a different guy next week so I'm going to trick him into telling me. Here's my plan "Oh, Dr. so and so, my regular Dr. says we're having a girl, what do you think?" Pretty good huh? There is NO WAY there could be anything wrong with your precious bundles after all you went through. These babies are solid gold!!! My Dr. didnt' say anything about laundry, cleaning, vacuming or anything like that. Just that the only exercise I could do was a 20 minute walk a day. You should see me at work! I do massage and it's quite the workout. I'm sure he'll make me stop at some point but you guys have way more restrictions than he gave me and I have the stitch! I better ask him some more questions. The vacumn does hurt my back though. Missy, do you have any names in mind? I had Hannah all picked out then this morning I was totally thinking she's a Rachel for sure. I wonder what it will be in the end. How are you feelign by the way??

Leslie
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools