Baby Corner

Old 09-19-05, 06:04 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

I would just accept the clothes with thanks and just never put them on

They most likely would never know the difference. As far as the car seat.....just say tell her that you appreciate the gesture but that you and dh are really excited about going baby shopping and getting new stuff (since she is your first) but that it was a nice thought. Or... accept it and not use it (if you are to chicken to reject it). Option B is probably what I would do because I wouldn't want to hurt their feelings

I have had people offer me things too and sometimes I just feel bad about saying no. I must be a snob too because I want nice things for my kids (especially a carseat that I don't have to tie in)

I got my results of my blood test for downs syndrome. They said my risk dropped down to that of a 20 year old. I think they said something like 1 in 3700 (not sure the exact number). I'm glad about that....one test down...many more to go! Leslie, have you had al your tests for spina bifida, downs, all the big ones? Everything come out o.k.?

Old 09-19-05, 09:02 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Missy, I had the same exact results with Spencer and Arianna. Hearing 1 in 3700 made me feel relieved. The next test will be the AFP. In addition to down syndrome, it can tell you the risk of neural tube defects. My b/w also came back very good with that. There is also a quad screen test. I knew there was one test that I shouldn't take with twins and that was it. Fortunately, my dr had enough sense to not even bother. She said my results would come back high due to multiples.

Leslie, I was in a similar predicament but not as bad as yours. My brother's friends gave him baby clothes to give to me. Fortunately, they live in another city (won't mention it for fear of offending anyone who might read this) so I won't run into them. Total hick city. Forget about the stains - I wouldn't let my kids wear these outfits even if they were new. I felt semi secure buying outfits at 6 months pg. I went to Bloomingdales and bought out the Ralph Lauren department. I'm a snob and damn proud of it

As for the car seat, I've got a good one. As per the National Transportation Safety Board (something like that), parents should avoid purchasing used car seats due to normal wear and tear and the possibility of it being in an accident. This is not a lie. Play it up by saying you're a neurotic new mom and you want to follow the guidelines.

Old 09-20-05, 12:15 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Thanks you guys. I'm so glad I'm not the only snob around here! Missy, I'm not doing any testing. I'm not worried and I used donor eggs so.... I've got a young woman's baby in there!! As far as dh, he's a lot younger than me (yes, I robbed the hotty cradle!) so we should be good there too. My Dr. hasn't suggested any so I'm not going to bother. I don't even care anyway, I'm just SO excited!! Glinda, do you have a Hanna Anderson? I really like that baby stuff. I think I'm going to buy my first baby purchase. I'm going to a baby shower for a boy and want to get the same thing for a girl (my girl!). It's like a sleeping bag baby size, fleece and really soft. Will be great for cold Alaska winters. My mom has already been shopping. It really is fun. Leslie

Old 09-20-05, 09:48 AM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

i would simpl;y tell whomever, it took a lot for you to get where you are now, and you want o register for all new things and they should understand, hey if they think your a snob then oh well. we will just call you the knocked up snob! seriously though i think most people would understand its your first and you want all new. Hell I have 3 sisters with 6 [2 more in December} nieces and nephews. I do do not want anything of theirs, so I guess i am in the snob club too
DIane

Old 09-20-05, 02:41 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Missy and Leslie-How far along are you?? In my clinic they say they can't tell the sex until week 18....I'm glad you are both healthy and happy!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools