Baby Corner

Old 09-02-04, 12:02 PM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 201.43%
Unhappy Unbelievable morning

My u/s showed a dominant follicle (18mm), which is not good news. RE said we could cancel, or aspirate and continue. After a few agonizing minutes, I chose aspiration.
After one of the most painful experiences of my life, he comes in and says "I missed it, I didn't get it all. Your ovary jumped, and you were so uncomfortable, I didn't want to keep putting you through that. I'm sorry, we have to cancel." YOU'RE sorry!

"You've had a lot of bad luck, I wish I could wave a magic wand and make it all better". At this moment he can take his magic wand and shove it you know where

, smug little b@st@rd.

I'm considering trying IUI with my OB, but the biggest follies (11, 9 & 9) are on my bad side. My good side has three 7mms. If I keep up the meds, does anyone think maybe even one on the left will catch up for next week? I just can't believe I have to throw away a double infusion of IVIg and 50 maps of Bravelle!

Part of me never wants to go back there, but he is the only RE around that deals with immunology and IVIg. I'm kind of stuck.
I can't believe this. I just want ONE THING to go right for me, just once.

Old 09-02-04, 12:15 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I'm so sorry you had to experience that. This just never gets easy does it?

I had a dominant follicle one cycle and the RE just let it go since there was only one and the others were smaller. Basically they let that one just get to big to be of any use and let the smaller ones get to a decent size (16mm) before doing hcg.

It's risky because sometimes the dominant can stop the others from growing but it's worth a shot. I'm wondering if you can still do this since he didn't remove it all, maybe now it won't be such a threat?

Again, I'm so sorry this cycle is turning out to be so stressful. I hope you can figure out a solution

christine

Old 09-02-04, 01:26 PM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I've been thinking about you ever since you called me this morning. I wish my arms could stretch 1,000 miles to hold you tight and wipe away your tears.

Now, since I've had my coffee, this is what I think......I think you should continue your meds and lupron and go tomorrow for another u/s. Maybe there is a way for you to continue the IVF cycle. I will admit that I had dominant follicle syndrome with MDL and when it came time to trigger, I chose to convert to IUI for those 2 follicles that were remaining. The smaller follicles went "poof". With antagon, I never experienced the dominant follicle while cycling for IVF. Lots of times REs sacrifice the 1 or 2 larger follicles to let the smaller ones mature. They will let the larger follicles overcook while suppressing you. Maybe this shm*ck got enough of the follicle to allow it to disintegrate. If you decide to do an IUI, you're still going to take the meds til the end of the cycle. If you can hold back ovulation with the lupron then there is a chance the other follicles will grow and you will make it to retrieval. Another thing, if this dr does not change your protocol, the same thing might happen again with your next cycle. I tried lupron twice and both times, I got a dominant follicle. When the RE was unwilling to change my protocol, I switched IVF clinics. My current clinic has no problem with patients being on lupron, antagon or cetrotide. It all has to do with what works for the patient's body.

If you want to change REs, my suggestion is to have the dr that had been doing your IUIs write out a prescription for IVIg. This way if you go to a clinic that doesn't acknowledge immune treatment, you can have your infusion done by a home nurse that you hire. The IVIg treatment will have no effect on the protocol or treatment given to you by another clinic.

What do you think?

Old 09-02-04, 01:40 PM
Mommy of Twins

Thanked 138 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

:lurking: I just wanted to send you

I'm so sorry you have to go through this.

Old 09-02-04, 04:59 PM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 201.43%

I would love to do that Glinda, but I don't know if HE

will write the script for IVIg because he really doesn't know anything about it. I think he would be willing to monitior me for the cycle and do the IUIs if the chance came up. The problem is, I don't know if he'll have an office after this storm, literally.

In a way, it seems trivial compared with what else we're facing right now, but I don't have an extra $2500 just laying around to make up for those meds I took, either.

I'm going to call you later after my phone charges up, and we can go over my protocol and see how I should adjust my meds. I was scheduled to start weaning off the Bravelle and start the Repronex today.
Love you, Glin.

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools