Baby Corner

Old 02-02-07, 10:16 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default update!!

Hi, Heidi I'm so sorry, thinking of you. Take care.

I wanted to let you all know that are first appointment went wonderful. We are so excited. Are Dr is super optimistic about are case. The only sucky thing that came out of the appointment, was that he recommends that I have a tubal ligation because of various amounts of tubal blockage. He says this will decrees the risk of having an ectopic or tubal pregnancy. I have decided to have the surgery, it is scheduled for February 15th.

Jalove

Old 02-05-07, 02:29 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Jalove

Thanks for the thoughts.

I had my tubes tied for the same reason as you they told me it would help the IVF also

Good luck with everything

Heidi

Old 02-05-07, 06:13 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default Question

Heidi- If you don't mind me asking, what are some of the reasons why the embryos don't stick to the uterus? Does your Dr. give you a good explanation.

Jalove

Old 02-06-07, 09:40 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Jalove-

I have not been given a good explanation up to this point but I do have a post appointment today.

I have been researching and found information that sometimes endo (which I have a pretty bad case of ) causes our bodies not to produce "integrins" which are the attachment molecules in our uterus. I also found that that there can be an excess of "natural killer cells" in the uterus which attack the embryos as something that should not be there, both of which would cause failed implant and/or miscarriages. (I found most of my info on "the endometriosis center" website)

Now whether this is going on in me I do not know my research said there was a blood test but it sounds involved. So if anyone else has ever heard of this I would like to know more.

Otherwise I have also read that it is just nature taking care of not healthly embryos.

I have had three what dr called "perfect" transfers with no success at this point I am very frusterated and hope to find out some answers today. I will keep you posted.

Heidi
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools