Baby Corner

Old 04-11-07, 08:14 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default update!!

Hope all is well for everyone!! Today is stim day 7 my dr is monitoring me very closely due to large number of follicles he has lowered my doses and said I'm at risk for OHSS. Has any one be threw this? My dr is not going to cancel the cycle because he feels he can control it with lower the dose. I have researched OHSS and it sounds like it can get pretty bad. any advise??

Ja love

Old 04-12-07, 11:37 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I had that with my third cycle of IVF. Well they thought I would OHSS, but I didn't. THey lowerd my doses and I did fine. Just do EVERYTHING they tell you to do even after your retreival!!!!!!!!!!! Drink lots of gaterade. Something with the electrolytes helps to use the fluid that your follicles produce after retrevial. Good luck I will check back with you. When is your retrieval and transfer scheduled???

Old 04-12-07, 03:57 PM
is needing to update my kids pics, wow!
Ava and Gavin's mom

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

my sister had that her second cycle, and they still followed threw, she now has 15 month old TWINS, i thonk its a higher risk of multiples when they still do it? i would ask? good luck, and keep us posted
diane

Old 04-13-07, 09:32 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%
Default reply

Hi- I had an ultrasound today I still have several follicles 4 witch are 16's three 20's and a ton of 14's. I have another ultrasound tomorrow hopefully those 14's because 15's or larger, then my Retrieval will be on Monday. Today my estradiol jumped to 2986 witch they say is high.

Thanks for listening

Jalove

Old 04-14-07, 06:20 AM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 20%

Sounds great!! Will keep my fingers crossed that those 14's become 15's for you

Wishing you a smooth retrieval.

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools