Baby Corner

Old 07-21-06, 11:53 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Wink Update and moving forward.

Hiya,

Well had bloods today they are still on the low side but have more than doubled in the 2 days which the clinic says is good. I had 10 follies all ranging from 10mm to 15 mm there not neccesarily all containing eggs with such a low E2 but fingers crossed we make it to egg collection and transfer.

As for us dh and I have had a long heart to heart and decided this is it for treatment for now. Enough is enough if this cycle doesnt work we are officially stopping ttc and moving forward with other avenues. My clinic are thinking that there must be issues with me too we have been working on the premise so far it is just MF we have been dealing with. But with 12 failed Diui all with very low progesterone indicating poor quality eggs, an IVF with poor stimulation only 4 eggs and then a miscarriage, and 2nd ivf with the big guns meds wise and still poor response we have the answer we were seeking. Like it or not sad as it is it seems me and mh dh have fertility issues.

To be honest it is a HUGE relief to finally have an answer as to why its not working. I know with multiple ivfs, multiple meds and heartache we may end up having a bio child but truly honestly its not that important to us. We have learnt through this journey and our brief pregnancy we just want a family, genes and pregnancy are just not the bench mark of family they are just one set of building blocks for one and there are other avenues out there.

So today I feel great.......

1) I am celebrating the fact we have this last chance at ivf and are not out the game yet.

2) I am celebrating the fact we dont have a huge overwhelming desire for bio kids keeping up struggling on what might be a sad and useless path.

3) I am celebrating the fact me and my dh are on the same page with moving on.

4) I am celebrating the fact we are in such a great position for other options to a baby. We have the money and all the neccesarry homestudy "qualifications" for a domestic adoption, and we have the most amazing offer of a surrogate in my sister.

5) I am celebrating the fact after 7 years ttc and so much heartache I still have my love for my dh and compassion for others that I worried would be destroyed through all this. And pleased I have the family and dh support to stop treatment before it does consume me.

I spoke to my sister today and she said this was it the end of the line she was helping us and that was it, she begged me to let her help lol! So we have a tentitive plan for starting surrogacy 12 months from now, doing home insems with donor sperm, time for us to move and start work, time for my sister to have and get over the birth of my neice or nephew due in Feb. I am pleased to be having a break from it all actually.

So I will concentrate on this last ivf, give it all I have got and leave the rest to chance or fate!!

Ruthx

Old 07-21-06, 12:02 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Thinking of you!!! I I really respect how positive you are through all of this!!

Old 07-21-06, 01:36 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Your attitude is absolutely flawless and I admire your strength and determination! You are going to be a fantastic mommy and there's no doubt about that.

Old 07-21-06, 03:10 PM
Community Member

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I am in awe and complete agreement with Tracey! I'm also really happy for you, having found what seems to be a fairly peaceful place. Oh, and how cool would it be to have your sister as a surrogate. Good Luck on your journey toward a child!

Old 07-23-06, 07:26 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Ruth honey, I wish I could give you a

in person! You have dealt with so much and yet managed to keep such good spirits throughout it all, I am so pleased you and DH have been there for each other every step. My heart goes out to you and as the others said, you will be a great mum!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools