Baby Corner

Old 07-31-07, 06:44 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default We made it!

For those of you who haven't been lurking in the TWW board...DH and I got our very first BFP. While it is still very early and only parents know, we have been very silently celebrating. Now that it's finally happened, i think DH has gone back to thinking about the biological connections and whether or not we are going to have any more kids. I keep thinking, "Man! We just got going on this pg thing, and already this!" but I know we're doing things in a different way than most people and we're probably going to have these discussions about worries and fears. DH doesn't regret anything for a second, I just think he's scared (and it hasn't sunk in yet!)

So what were some of your experiences when you finally got pg with donor sperm? How did your partner react and how were things when the baby was born? I have a feeling that there is going to plenty of love to go around (from DH especially).

Old 07-31-07, 08:05 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

The thing I remember most was that once I got the BFP my dh said, "I sure hope that I can love this child as much as the others." I remember being worried for a few days, but then lots of supportive friends on here told me not to worry. After my dd was born, my dh told me that he found it totally laughable that he had doubted. He adores her just as much as the others! Don't worry - this is all way more natural than you think and it will all work out beautifully.

Congratulations!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools