Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

We up and running!

Reply Post New Topic

• smking17 01-10-05 | 03:58 PM
  • I had a fertility consult and an annual exam today. Our GYN gave the go ahead for starting IUI's. He gave me the option of doing ICI's or IUI's and I said I wanted to do IUI's from the start. We won't do much monitoring at first, which is okay with me - I don't like meds or needles, and I don't think we'll need multiple ultrasounds like we did last time. He suggested using OPK's, coming in the day after a positive OPK for a single IUI - and maybe an ultrasound to see what's going on, if I want. After 3 cycles, HSG, more ultrasounds, and maybe a trigger, but I'm hoping it won't take that long. He said today that he'll probably have to use the tenaculum - I just cringe at the thought. I am taking pre-natals, temping, and will use OPK's for the next two cycles to test things out, and then we officially start in March. DP and I felt the same way we thought when we started this process last time - OMG are we ready to do this???? - that scared and excited feeling.

smk
  • smking17 01-10-05 | 04:06 PM
  • So embarrassing when you have a typo in the title...

smk
  • AMomInLove AMomInLove's Avatar 01-10-05 | 04:28 PM
  • Thinking of you ladies and hoping success finds you quickly this time round! I LOVED temping and BBT - it can tell you alot!!!

• aetaylor 01-10-05 | 04:46 PM
  • Very neat, Smk! I love it when the train starts to leave the station!!! Good luck to you and DP!! Your daughter is beautiful!!

Amy

• StacyLynn 01-10-05 | 07:59 PM
  • I wish you and DP the same success you had the first time!!