Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments we're going to try for ivf #2!

we're going to try for ivf #2!

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 02-25-09, 10:11 PM
Community Member

Thanked 3 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.9%
Default we're going to try for ivf #2!

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for your kind words after my first failed ivf attempt (just last thursday!). I stopped the meds on friday morning, and got my period on monday. I'm having hot flashes and the worst cramps ever. After a failed ivf, when does your body go back to normal? When will these hot flashes end?

Dh wants to try again for another ivf cycle. This time, we are looking for another doctor because I honestly don't know if my doctor was any good. Dh found one that is about 40 min away from our house, and he chose this one because he and his partner have written several infertility books, taught at universities, and he was the first doctor in the U.S. to do a successful frozen egg transfer. I don't know if this helps, but we are hoping our next attempt is successful. The problem is, this doctor is also really hard to get an appt with. I made one for next wed, march 3 or 4.

I have several questions: when can i start injections for the next cycle? if i can do it in march, then will next wed appt be too late, if i'm already on my period now? i wonder if changing doctors will help, even though i'm going to be hating it when i have to go there every other day for blood work & ultrasounds b/c he's 40 min away.

next question, i was on birth control pills, then a low dose of gonal-f (b/c my doc said i'm a candidate for OHSS, but after about 3-4 days, she said that she should have put me on a higher dose b/c i wasn't producing enuf eggs), menopur, lupron and ovidrel. we did ivf with icsi. are second ivf attempts going to be different, i.e. different meds or same meds but higher dosages? what were your second ivf experiences?

i've been tearful on and off, each time i think about how we were sure i was pregnant and the fact that it didn't work. however, just knowing that we're going to try it again gives me hope and something to look forward to. am i getting ahead of myself, by rushing into the next ivf or should i wait a few months? the other irrational side of me doesn't want to waste any time at all because i want to be pregnant now!

sorry for the rambling and long email.

Old 02-26-09, 12:19 PM
is Living a new type of life
Spring is in the Air

Thanked 523 Times
Weekly Activity 1.9%

I haven't had any experience with IVF but I do hope the best for you and your dh.
My doctor that did my tr is 1 1/2 hours away and I decided to stick with her because she is more thorough and understanding.My other ob/gyn is literally .5 mile away but no compation what so ever.
So I say if you feel more comfortable with this new doctor and don't mind the drive...to go for it.
I sure hope this new doctor can give you answers to all your questions.

Keep us posted on your progress!

Old 03-14-09, 05:17 PM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 20.95%

Hi hon, I'm so glad to see your post. Both you and Amanda have been in my thoughts.

It's usual to wait 2-3 cycles before you start treatment. This gives your body and ovaries time to recover after all the drugs and invasion!

In terms of what your treatment will be, tell your new Dr about your last treatment cycle. Take in as much information as you can about it, and let him decide. Different Doctors favour certain treatment schedules and so they may want to treat you completely differently.

In terms of the distance, you may actually find the journey therapeutic. I had to travel an hour each way to get to our clinic, and I actually quite liked it. It gave me time to clear my head before going back to work.

Thinking of you. Please keep us posted hon

Old 07-27-09, 08:02 PM
is focusing on losing weight!
Community Member

Thanked 46 Times
Weekly Activity 1.9%

im curious to whatever happened to your 2nd ivf cycle, lucy?

Last edited by jlynn1313; 08-02-09 at 07:08 PM.

Old 07-28-09, 12:49 AM
Community Member

Thanked 3 Times
Weekly Activity 1.9%

Hi!

Well, my IVF #1 was in late Jan early Feb and my period came on Feb. 23rd (a day before my bday!). So, I went to meet with another ivf doctor and he said for me to do another ivf cycle, i had to wait for another period to come/start before doing it again. So, my period (the one that started on 2/23) lasted for about 7 days. I was waiting and waiting for my next period and when it was late, I finally broke down and took a pregnancy test. Well, it came out positive!!!

I totally couldn't believe it so I called the obgyn the next day and they scheduled me in for an appt in the next week or so. I took about 7 pregnancy tests, all different brands just to make sure it was real.

Now, I'm 21 wks pregnant and dh and I are keeping the gender a surprise. We are just so happy that it finally happened to us.

Good luck on your first ivf! I was devastated when it didn't work for us because I was so sure it would. It was definately an emotional roller coaster ride.

Lucy
Thank you lbentow!
jaedrae (09-05-09)

Latest Articles
The EEOC Updates the Pregnancy Discrimination Act
US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has revised it's guidelines protecting working pregnant women, and those who wish to become pregnant even more than before.

Cloth Diapers vs Disposables
Should you use cloth diapers, or disposable? Find out with our cloth vs disposable diaper buying guide, and get advice on how best to choose.

How Often Should Your Baby Poop?
Find out how often your baby should poop, how you can tell if your baby might be constipated, and what treatment options are available if your baby is constipated.

Baby Bottles: Which Ones Should You Choose?
When buying baby bottles, there is a vast array of choices for expectant Moms to choose from. Here are some considerations for making this important purchase.

Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diets During Pregnant
If you are pregnant with celiac disease, you will need to take extra precautions to make sure you are eating healthy, and getting enough nutrients when eating a gluten free diet.

May 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations farul!

Calculators & Tools