Baby Corner

Old 01-23-11, 12:05 AM
is finally happy being himself
Love one Love All

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Unhappy What Now

My wife and I have been trying to conceive for a long long time.. We did the IVF and it worked last year but it ended up in miscarriages. Two to be exact. My wife is 38 now. PCOS but within weight limits. I am fine no problems there. We just had a IVF this past 10 days and today she is on her period. The doctors are discouraging her from trying anymore. Said she may have a very low reserve. I know there are treatments out there and My wife and I have been waiting for the package from GOD to come and it is nowhere to be found.. It is straining our relationship. Now I am really scared. Been with her for over 15 years and I do not want it to end but it looks like it might happen.. I just want to keep hope alive since "we" both do not have any kids at all.. Please Help...
J

Old 01-23-11, 01:16 AM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

I am so very sorry that you have not been able to conceive. My sister and her husband had fertility problems and never got any clear answers as to why they couldn't conceive. They did three rounds of IVF and decided to stop- it was sooo very heartbreaking and stressful. They ended up doing international adoption and have two beautiful children. It really helped my sister when she finally made the decision to stop trying to conceive and started the process for adoption. She just wanted to have children and have a family with her husband- however it happened. And, I will tell you it is a special process in and of itself and I wouldn't change it for anything. We went to Guatemala to meet my niece when she was 10 weeks old and it was an amazing experience. It may not be the child bearing experience you had thought you would have, but becoming a family trumps all of it. Have you and your wife thought about adoption? I know if you aren't ready to go there it can be a leap, but I wanted to share my sister's story in the hopes it might help you and your wife. My husband and I had fertility issues as well (mostly me) and we were prepared to adopt if we couldn't conceive. My heart goes out to you and your wife.

Old 11-08-12, 12:50 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 3600%

I'm sorry you've been so unlucky, and it's hard to tell you that it's just going to all work out. Hopefully you will get exactly what you want, but I think it always pays to remember what you already have. It sounds like you have a loving relationship, and that it may be being put in jeopardy under all the stress. Maybe it's time to take a break from all the pressures of trying to conceive and focus on you two for a while and see what happens. Again, I really do wish you all the best of luck and happiness.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools