Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments What restrictions were you given and for how long

What restrictions were you given and for how long

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 09-15-05, 06:22 AM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Just love the no housework restriction. There is too much bending with that. That's why they say no vacuuming. When it came to "working out" (not that I work out

), my dr gave me the restriction of not getting my heart rate over 125. I stuck to walking.

I can't help you with a midwife. I recommend you check out the "Home Birth" board. It's with the other pg boards. I'm sure those women used midwives.

Old 09-15-05, 08:44 AM
Community Member

Thanked 64 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Wow Trisha, yeah I think I would stick to the walking, man you must be in great shape!!! I did alot of bending this morning, of course not thinking anything could be wrong w/ me. My dog got into something and I had to give her a bath before I went to work, and since DH just broke his back 3 weeks ago he was not able....Oh well. I guess I will see tomorrow.....thanks gals for being there.

Old 09-16-05, 11:20 AM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Trisha you must be So fit!!
I was told no heavy lifting, no stretching, no hoovering (for the duration! - I Love this one

- something to do with the effect of pushing the hoover on your pelvis when your pelvis is already stretching) and no heavy exercise (I started puking early on so exercise was actually the last thing on my mind for weeks!). I have gone midwife-led care - they told me at the 9wk scan all was ok and that I was now considered a normal pg just like any other. If I'd asked to stay ob-led I'd have seen him once, then not till the birth basically. (I'm in the Uk though so we work it differently). So I decided I'd be better off with midwife led. It has been Very strange adjusting to appts so far apart and being treated normally. I have to confess - I did cheat early on and book in extra appts under various pre-texts just to get to hear it's h'beat and the reassurance that all was still ok. The midwives were very understanding though bless them! I've been doing ante-natal aqua-aerobics since 28wks - after checking it would be ok with the midwife - and am loving it, (the support of the water is bliss!) I wear normal socks so my feet don't slip on the bottom & take a bottle of water to put at the side and drink regularly through the class, other than that I walk. I've remained careful with what I lift throughout - I do feel it when I've done too much on that front.

Old 09-16-05, 01:36 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

That's IT! I'm calling my Dr. I've been doing all the housework, chopping wood, hoovering, laundry, lifting heavy stuff (mainly those big bottled water things) and working my butt off. I'm SO complaining! DH is in for a big to do list. Poor DH. Leslie

Old 09-16-05, 01:52 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Ok, so I just called the Dr. and he said I could do whatever I want just as long as I don't go overboard or go aerobic. He didn't let me off the hook for wood chopping or hoovering. Dang! I feel like I should be eating bonbons on the sofa watching soaps with the pool boy bringing me milkshakes when I ring the bell. Just kidding but I'd LOVE to not have to do the chores.

Leslie
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools