Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Fertility Treatments What should I do with my Xytex donor sperm? (children mentioned)

What should I do with my Xytex donor sperm? (children mentioned)

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 11-02-06, 07:55 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Soooo wish I had money for storage, I would buy those bad boys from you

Old 11-03-06, 04:11 PM
Is now legally Mrs. DP

Thanked 18 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Oh, Holly...he is such a great donor, too.

But guess what? First, thanks for responding!! I decided to call Xytex and there were THREE people on the waiting list for this very purpose. A woman in Tampa has a 13 mo. old daughter from this donor, is 43, and wants to try again soon (via IVF) for a sibling. She said I answered her prayers. She is willing to pay for them and the shipping will be arranged by her fertility clinic (hopefully!). I had a very, very long talk with her last night and even talked a lot about our children and the donor and I felt like I was talking to an old friend. She is a SMBC and I feel like this is somebody that I would have picked as a friend to hang out with!! So, I'm very happy that I could help her. I even told her that if we ever use our frozen embies that our baby and her baby would be 1/2 sibs!! So, I'm going to try to keep in touch with her.

I feel so happy that I was able to help this woman. It just warms my heart that she has a daughter by this donor! She's even going to send me her picture. She said she looks a lot like him. I always had a very strong feeling about my donor (I know it's weird, but it's hard to explain) and I always thought that the donor and I would have produced some pretty cool offspring.

Things work out the way they should!!!!!!!! Thanks again everybody!

Old 11-03-06, 04:31 PM
Community Member

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

That just makes me smile.

I'm glad everything worked out so perfectly.

Old 11-05-06, 05:26 PM
Proud Canadian DI Mom

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

We also used Xytex. We had no choice but to DONATE our samples to our clinic...we are not able to return for any kind of credit or refund. And we cannot specify who they go to...we were not even able to sell them to someone else! We are in Canada though and things work ALOT differently here...

Old 11-08-06, 11:45 AM
Mommy to Sophie and Gabe!

Thanked 31 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Good for you for making that connection and helping someone else's dreams come true!

We're going to be in the same predicament - we are done and still have four vials - one at our OB's office that they've never once contacted us about, and another three at the bank still in storage. Our annual fee is only $60 though. I've seen that there are other children on the DSR by our donor, but didn't pay the membership fee to join and so I can't get specific info to know if people are looking, but I do know that you can still buy vials from this donor through other banks. Right now though we still sort of feel like selling it back or selling it to someone else is like selling our own *potential* children. I don't know it just feels wierd. I guess we'll know when we're ready.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools