Baby Corner

Old 05-23-05, 12:44 AM
In Mommy Heaven

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.33%
Default When Does it End? - Long Rant

Ok, this is the latest. I called the pharmacy at the hospital where the RE is on Friday, only to find that they had my meds (good) but they close at 6:00 PM sharp and are not open at all on the weekend (bad). I leave a meeting at 5PM and drive like a maniac to get there, while calling them with my credit card number so I can run in and pick up the package ($2075). I make it with 5 minutes to spare, grab the package, say "you know I am doing IM shots right" they said yes as they are locking the door and heading out.

Saturday night I put Matthew to bed and sit down on the bed to got through the mixing and injection ritual. I mix the vials, then search for the injection needle only to find that they have given me subQ needles.

It is 8:30PM, so I start calling local pharmacies and find one that is open until 9PM. They wil not give me the needles without a prescription, even if I bring in the Bravelle box with the script on it - they want an original or a call-in. So I call the RE's office and leave a message asking for an urgent call back (they don't have an answering service). No call back. So I dig through the bag and find the one IM needle they gave me for the HCG and use that since the phramacy is closed anyway.

The today I try and call the RE and the message box is full and can't take any more messages.

I went to SIX pharmacies armed with my prescription box, the HCG needle, and my toddler - two were closed, two did not have the needles, one said they would give me the needles if they had them but didn't. The last one had the needles but would not give them to me without an original prescription.

So tonight I boiled the HCG needle and used it again. Now I will have to drive all the way from my office to the phramacy to get the right needles - more time away from work in a week where I already have an u/s and an HSG that I have to make excuses for. I can tell you both the RE and the phramacy are going to get a

from me in the morning.

Old 05-23-05, 09:35 AM
Visitor

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0%

im s sorry why do they make this so hard urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I hope despite all of this hassle you get pg this cycle good luck

Old 05-23-05, 11:42 AM
Mommy to Sophie and Gabe!

Thanked 31 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

Soooooo frustrating!!!! So sorry! What a total nightmare. I am so glad that you find that leftover needle though.

smk

Old 05-23-05, 11:50 AM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

California

The California law requires certain insurers to offer coverage for infertility diagnosis and treatment. That means group health insurers covering hospital, medical or surgical expenses must let employers know infertility coverage is available. However, the law does not require those insurers to provide the coverage; nor does it force employers to include it in their employee insurance plans. The law defines infertility as:
  • The presence of a demonstrated condition recognized by a licensed physician and surgeon as a cause of infertility; or
  • The inability to conceive a pregnancy or carry a pregnancy to a live birth after a year or more of sexual relations without contraception.
The law defines treatment as including, but not limited to:
  • Diagnosis and diagnostic tests;
  • Medication;
  • Surgery; and
  • Gamete Intrafallopian Transfer, also known as GIFT.
The law specifically exempts insurers from having to offer in vitro fertilization coverage. Also, the law does not require employers that are religious organizations to offer coverage for treatment that conflicts with the organization's religious and ethical purposes.

Old 05-23-05, 11:53 AM
Community Member

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

Rachel, are you getting the proper things covered by your insurance plan? How come the meds cost you so much?
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools