Baby Corner

Old 10-22-08, 03:53 AM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 15.71%

That's excellent Amanda!! Do you know what drugs you'll be on? I'm guessing you'll be on Buserelin - Dowregging drugs?

I want to hear all about it!!!

Old 10-22-08, 12:19 PM
Community Member

Thanked 83 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

okay I got my schedule. I am on BC all this week until November 11. My husband and I have to start Doxycycline (antibiotic)on Monday the 27ths. I go in on November 5th for SONO, sonohystogram, trial, transfer (?) and injection teaching. I start lupron that day on 10 units. November 14th it says call with menses. I have not clue what this is. November 17th I go in for a SONO and a E2. I start stimulation and follisim and Menopur. I also begin Dexamethasone. I reduce Lupron down to 5 units. I go in on November 20 22, 24, and 26 for SONO and E2. My retrieval is schedule right now for the 28th. I begin progestrone injections on the 29th. And finally my emryo transfer is December 1, 2008.

Sorry for the long post but I am so excited to talk about my schedule with someone that totally understands. The only thing that I find interesting is my first pregnancy test is December 11, that is only 10 days after the embryo transfer, but they do several test. I can not wait. This would be the best Christmas gift ever!! How are you doing?

Also Mary Ellen have you started yet?

Old 10-22-08, 07:52 PM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Weekly Activity 87.14%

Tracey I am not here with you but will be keeping tabs on you and sending + vibes from the USA!

Old 10-23-08, 10:31 AM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 15.71%
Talking Wooooooo hoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, this is gonna be a long post! Here goes....

"I go in on November 5th for SONO, sonohystogram, trial, transfer (?) and injection teaching."
They'll be scanning you for cysts, or womb abnormalities that might affect your IVF cycle. Just to let you know it'll be a 'trial transfer' you'll be having. They'll use the same catheter they use for the embryo transfer (ET), so they know exactly how they're gonna do your ET. You're gonna be laid with your legs 'akimbo' for a while girl!!

"I start lupron that day on 10 units."
Amanda these are your 'downregging' drugs, they will be shutting down your body's natural reproductive hormones, effectively putting you into a menopausal state. From the moment you start them you will be under their control!!

You will need to start drinking about 2 litres of water a day (think this is just over 2 quarts). This will help your liver cope with the medication, and will get your body nice and hydrated. Help your liver, and help get your body ready by cutting out alcohol and caffeine.

"November 14th it says call with menses. I have not clue what this is."
It means, call them when you get your period (menses), it might not be on this exact day, but call them when you get it.

"November 17th I go in for a SONO and a E2."
This is an ultrasound scan and a blood test, to check that your lining is thin, your ovaries are quiet, and your Estradiol levels are low. If everything's as it should be then you'll be given the OK to start your stimming injections. You'll probably have to continue your Lupron injections still, although they might lower the dose (just read below, and yeah, they're lowering the dose!!)

"I start stimulation and follisim and Menopur. I also begin Dexamethasone. I reduce Lupron down to 5 units."
Follistim and Menopur are both drugs to stimulate your reproductive system into getting ready for a pregnancy and making follicles.
Amanda, our eggs are made of protein, so when you're doing this you need to be consuming lots of good quality protein, like meat, fish, eggs and dairy products. Also buy yourself some protein powder. Whey is best as it has the highest biological value of all natural proteins. I like Solgar's 'Whey to go', as you can mix it with milk and it doesn't taste bad at all.

At this stage you really should increase your fluid intake to 3 quarts a day, drink water, milk and fresh fruit juice. This will help you deal with the additional drugs, and also can help prevent OHSS (which your Doctor should have already told you about).
You need to avoid aerobic exercise, eat Brazil nuts (a handful a day), and have a hot water bottle on your tum regularly.

Dexamethasone is a steroid.

"I go in on November 20 22, 24, and 26 for SONO and E2."
These are ultrasound scan and blood-test dates to check the progress of your ovaries and your womb, they want to make sure that your EC is timed to perfection, and that you don't get OHSS

"My retrieval is schedule right now for the 28th."
Have written this date on my diary hon

"I begin progestrone injections on the 29th."
I take my hat off to you hon. There is no way I could do Progesterone in oil (PIO), the thought of those intramuscular injections makes me wanna vomit! Give me the pessaries any day!!! You're amazing!!

"And finally my emryo transfer is December 1, 2008."
Soooooo, exciting! Looks like they're doing a day 4 transfer! I've got everything crossed for your embryo transfer (ET) hon

Your testing day on Dec 11th will effectively be 12DPO (your EC is effectively O day), but they'll be doing a blood test I expect, which would detect lower levels of hCG than any HPT ever would. My clinic sends you home with an HPT and tells you to test 14 days after ET. Every clinic differs! Like mine doesn't use BCP, doesn't use steriods or antibiotics, but still has a high success rate (50%!!).

I'm doing good thanks!! Listen! Anything you wanna know or off-load then email or PM me hon! I'm with you every step of the way!!

Last edited by Tracey and Neil; 10-23-08 at 10:42 AM. Reason: to add in a bit I missed!

Old 10-25-08, 11:11 PM
is one busy mamma
Proud Adoptive Mom!

Thanked 3 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Tracey & Mary-Ellen - GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

I will keeping you both in my thoughts.

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools